Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier EMS + Automated Logic

I heard a rumor that Carrier is going to use Automated Logics EMS. Can anyone confirm this? Full disclosure; I would be happy to get away from ComfortWorks without changing my controls. I was thinking of switching to I-Vu but I may want to wait and see what happens here.

Isn't Ivue an OEM of WEBctrl?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Isn't Ivue an OEM of WEBctrl?
    Yes Ivue is actually WebCTRL 4.1 with a different color scheme.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

OK that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by xalish3 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Carrier is going to use Automated Logics EMS. Can anyone confirm this? Full disclosure; I would be happy to get away from ComfortWorks without changing my controls. I was thinking of switching to I-Vu but I may want to wait and see what happens here.

i-Vu is a front-end like ComfortWorks. It will interface with the existing CCN network without changing the controllers, but will need to be programmed. There are 2 flavors out depending on your needs & the size of the existing CCN. Below is a link ....

i-Vuฎ Commercial Applied Control System
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Yes, Its true I am going to the first kick off factory introduction and week long training for the new controls product line built by Automated Logic Controls for Carrier.

It is call the "Ivu Open System". It will not be backward compatible to 3V/VVT or CCN built by Carrier products

Hey Chet I hope you keep us updated

Yes, I will update during & after the factory Training

The products should be available from your Commercial Carrier Distributor. I was able to obtain a price sheet for all the Ivu Open products available now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    Yes, Its true I am going to the first kick off factory introduction and week long training for the new controls product line

"built by Automated Logic Controls for Carrier".
    built by Carrier thru their Automated Logic Controls Division <---- fixed your statement ...

It is call the "Ivu Open System". It will not be backward compatible to 3V/VVT or CCN built by Carrier products
    Might want to update yourself on a product before you give advice ... Take a look at the link I provided previously.

i-Vu is not a new product, it has been available to contractors for almost 2 yrs. i-Vu is fully compatable with all CCN devices from Comfort Controllers, VAV's, TSM's, 3V, Gen3 VVT, Chillers, RTU's, etc in addition to integration with BacNet, ModBus & LonWorks devices.

I-Vu Open [ie: v5.0] is a newer version released 3-4 months ago. In its current state it only supports the new "Open Controllers" [or open protocol controller] which consists of the new VVT line, Universal, WSHP & RTU controllers. I have already been to training on the new Open system. It is in its early stages. As more of the Open system is released, there will be backwards compatability to CCN devices. Until this time, i-Vu v4.2 fills the void.

Balibe relax dude, I am just passing on info I received a few weeks ago from my Carrier distributor. As you just contradicted yourself and said in time they will be backward compatible? So if you know more than me about this product thats great. But don't get so bent out of shape over it. Relax lifes to short to snap at people like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    Might want to update yourself on a product before you give advice ... Take a look at the link I provided previously.

i-Vu is not a new product, it has been available to contractors for almost 2 yrs. i-Vu is fully compatible with all CCN devices from Comfort Controllers, VAV's, TSM's, 3V, Gen3 VVT, Chillers, RTU's, etc in addition to integration with BacNet, ModBus & LonWorks devices.

I-Vu Open [ie: v5.0] is a newer version released 3-4 months ago. In its current state it only supports the new "Open Controllers" [or open protocol controller] which consists of the new VVT line, Universal, WSHP & RTU controllers. I have already been to training on the new Open system. It is in its early stages. As more of the Open system is released, there will be backwards compatability to CCN devices. Until this time, i-Vu v4.2 fills the void.
    Life is too short not to enjoy life to the fullest - Don't be bogged down dealing with difficult people -who try to inflict their problems in life onto you or other good people...

"Instead return the mutual respect to the good people who respect you - Forget about the one's who won't" .....what Chet lives by.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    Balibe relax dude, I am just passing on info I received a few weeks ago from my Carrier distributor. As you just contradicted yourself and said in time they will be backward compatible? So if you know more than me about this product thats great. But don't get so bent out of shape over it. Relax lifes to short to snap at people like that!!
    I`m sure it`s just that if your gonna make a statement that you at least get it correct. I myself hate when a statement isn`t 100% correct. I do appreciate the way he fixed your statement.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Great!

Thanks guys that was exactly what I was looking for. If you guys would keep us posted I will hold off on changing anything until I can get an idea of how quickly "open" could become backward compatable (I just ordered some more controllers last year).

I am anxious to get away from ComfortWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    I`m sure it`s just that if your gonna make a statement that you at least get it correct. I myself hate when a statement isn`t 100% correct. I do appreciate the way he fixed your statement.
    Thanks tgl ... I had even posted 2hrs earlier that it was compatible

To quote somone else here .... "It's not positive v. negative, it's called critical thinking". May have to add this to my sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast