+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with Quadra Fire Mt Vernon pellet stove

Post Likes

Unhappy Problems with Quadra Fire Mt Vernon pellet stove

Stove goes through initial startup but fails to keep adding pellets to fire to keep it going. It burns out the initial dump of pellets and then goes through start up cyclec all over again. The ignition coil remains hot through the whole process and doesn't cool down.

Gettings answers from dealer is like talking to my dog. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks,

Post Likes
    hearth.c o m may be a better source

Post Likes
    wrronn
    Could have to do with the thermocouple. Make sure the ceramic cover is pushed all the way onto the T/C. What may be happening is that the T/C is not reading any heat so it never gets out of start up to add more pellets. If the cover is pushed on tight up against the end of the T/C then the T/C may be bad.
    Good Luck

Post Likes
    Is this the AE stove with the large screen digital thermostat? If it is, do you get any errors on the screen?

Post Likes

Bottom vents

I had this exact problem. I put in assorted new parts at some cost. Nothing worked.

What I finally did was to pull the ash pan out, and looked at the bottom of the fire pot. What I found was that the little vent holes at the bottom of the fire pot were all clogged with ash. I took a bent paper clip, reached up in and cleared all these vents. Since then, I have had no more of these issues.

It is my understanding that with these vents clogged, the air isn't being drawn through the fire pot well enough to get the fire hot enough to trigger and fire pot probe. If this probe doesn't reach 200 F it doesn't trigger. As I say, without proper air flow, this temperature apparently isn't reached and maintained.

Post Likes
    As a by the way, when I say probe I mean the thermocouple.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in