Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the reply...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Right now there are three different ways and two different option cards to connect a DS unit to a sitelink. Sort of in a transitional period at the moment.

If the old units were AM (LAM) style and you want to avoid a site visit for the sitelink programming then you can land comm wires to 77/78, plug in that pigtail RJ11 into the logic board, and set the communication options to IGM in the unit. Save and reboot. Then the unit will emulate the previous AM unit minus some things like run hours.

The other two options require some sort of option card, if you have one.
    Wow. Sending messages on my iPhone makes me look like a hack. Ok, so let's try this from a real PC

Thanks for the reply. We did manage to get the the wires landed and the pigtail in place and even find the place to change the IGM but the CRAC wanted to revert to Velocity on restart. So we must not be saving correctly. Any tips on that?

Rebooting the sitelink is just power off and then back on?

Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to becoming more adept at these controls. Go Liebert, death to DataAir

Same screen you change to igm on has a save and reboot option at the bottom.

Sitelink needs to be programmed to lam for this to work, what was the logic level of the ac that was removed?
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Same screen you change to igm on has a save and reboot option at the bottom.

Sitelink needs to be programmed to lam for this to work, what was the logic level of the ac that was removed?
    I'm still trying to figure out the logic level. After successfully changing the new cracs to IGM and doing a save reboot I notice that the site link 12 module
    Does not indicate any activity on the 2 unit ports for the cracs I just modified. Is there still hope?

On the old unit there is a wiring diagram, usually the logic level is listed on the bottom like L00, L03, L10, AM, AG etc. I could probably decode the part number too.

Reset the SiteLink and let it reset the buffer sizes and see if it starts working. I don't suppose there is any record or paperwork in the sitelink can about how it was setup?
    Scott Jalbert

The model number is FH199AUA00
    Serial number is not so obvious. Maybe the P19707 on a glossy sticker below the wiring diagram.

Is resetting the sitelink cycling the power switch on it. I'm a bit gun shy being new to these.

Thanks again for your help.

Btw there is also a sitegate-e and a siteI/O

As far as info on how it was setup I have a tag and a site number on the panels

Darn, do you have a year on it? Before or after 1999? That part number decodes two different ways depending on the year.

Before 1999 level 00 logic level, meaning programming change now required in the sitelink. These usually have lamps on the front for different alarms, likely no digital diaplay on front.

If post 1999 and the old unit had a 4 row LDC display sounds like you are in luck, that should have been using the LAM program via 77/78 to the sitelink. That new icom unit when set to igm should emulate the communication of that older unit.

Cycling the power on the sitelink wont hurt anything, assuming the battery is ok. With those other modules there it sounds like there is a sitescan front end on site?
    Scott Jalbert

Arg...

Yep, it's way before 1999. Probably more like 1989, or older.

Ok, well we'll call out the local Liebert guys. Thanks for your help.

Nathan

Do you have one of the 485 intellislot option cards for the unit? Thats the best way to get info out of them, more info available.
    Scott Jalbert

I don't, maybe back at our hq in another city. Alas I am at the end of my resources

Thanks again though.

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    The model number is FH199AUA00
    Serial number is not so obvious. Maybe the P19707 on a glossy sticker below the wiring diagram.

Is resetting the sitelink cycling the power switch on it. I'm a bit gun shy being new to these.

Thanks again for your help.
    You have a level 00 AC unit. The model number should have a dash in it e.g.
    FH199AU-A00. The numbers or letters after the dash tell us what IGM you have.

Bump - I am still having this happen. Interesting part is we did the firmware upgrade awhile back on 2 units one right after the other. Got the same High Head Press Cir. 2 alarm even after the upgrade so I extended the time delay on the alarm point out to 75 seconds, but that isn't enough. Oh to add to it the first unit tripped and then 16 minutes later the 2nd unit tripped. Coincidence the time is such that it was likely the time it took to upgrade the firmware from one unit to the second unit?

By the time frame on the alarm delay on and then the alarm clearing I may have to take this out to a 175 second delay...

Anyone heard anything or any other update? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Bump - I am still having this happen. Interesting part is we did the firmware upgrade awhile back on 2 units one right after the other. Got the same High Head Press Cir. 2 alarm even after the upgrade so I extended the time delay on the alarm point out to 75 seconds, but that isn't enough. Oh to add to it the first unit tripped and then 16 minutes later the 2nd unit tripped. Coincidence the time is such that it was likely the time it took to upgrade the firmware from one unit to the second unit?
    ~
    You had iCOM DS units with 485 cards speaking modbus right?

Was "a while back" around 28 days from when you did the update to when you got the alarm?

The good news is they are still working on it and may have found the smoking gun for this whole problem. I'm not really privy to the details.

Meanwhile we have a similar problem with the units talking IGM out of a 485 card but instead of that alarm we get loss of communications. We have a counter we watch and when that number goes away or gets reset we know that the unit lost comms between the iCOM controller and the 485 card. That situation triggers an extra 330 seconds delay for a loss of communication, only when that counter is in that state.

You could do something similar. Do you have temperature trending on a cov? Do you look at the history and see that it goes to zero during these events? I think it should because the unit isn't senting values to the 485 card and if that card is responding to modbus it should be saying zero. If you are able to see that then you could use some logic to trigger a special higher delay time for that one trouble alarm. Or disable it when temp = 0. Or if your units didn't have a compressor you can turn it off.
    Scott Jalbert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast