Page 1 of 22 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 278
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923

    Al Gore reason for snowstorms

    At least that's what Senator DeMint is claiming, and I will back him on this;
    “It's going to keep snowing in DC until Al Gore cries ‘uncle.’”
    http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/demin...mo_code=9707-1
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Robo, please tell me you are smart enough to understand that a couple of Nor'easters has no correlation to global warming.

    What about the 42 straight days we just had here in Seattle of above average temps??

    If you had any basic knowledge of weather patterns ie; el-nino, la-nina, PDO, etc... then you would understand what the hell you are talking about!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Robo, please tell me you are smart enough to understand that a couple of Nor'easters has no correlation to global warming.

    What about the 42 straight days we just had here in Seattle of above average temps??

    If you had any basic knowledge of weather patterns ie; el-nino, la-nina, PDO, etc... then you would understand what the hell you are talking about!!
    So would Algore.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Global warming is the fastest route to more Ice and Snow. I'm hoping the glaciers stop somewhere in Arkansas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Global warming is the fastest route to more Ice and Snow. I'm hoping the glaciers stop somewhere in Arkansas
    So you're saying global warming makes glaciers in AR?

    I see.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    No! Wait! You're saying glaciers in AR make global warming?





















    O-o-o-o-kay.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Now, lemme see. It was hot in June, July, and August. Then it's cold in December, January, and February.

    Oh, yeah! We got global warming alright.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Now, lemme see. It was hot in June, July, and August. Then it's cold in December, January, and February.

    Oh, yeah! We got global warming alright.

    Boot, that is a very ignorant and tunnel-vision like statement you just made there.


    Just because it may have been that way in SC doesn't mean it was like that everywhere. We just had the warmest January on record in Seattle and 4 of the top 10 have happened in the last 10 years!!

    February hasn't been any different so far. Global warming is about the entire planet. Not just your neck of the woods.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Now, lemme see. It was hot in June, July, and August. Then it's cold in December, January, and February.

    Oh, yeah! We got global warming alright.
    Its hot or warm here almost every month, but when the ice comes I still hope it stops in Arkansas.

    look for it sometime in 2012

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Robo, please tell me you are smart enough to understand that a couple of Nor'easters has no correlation to global warming.

    What about the 42 straight days we just had here in Seattle of above average temps??

    If you had any basic knowledge of weather patterns ie; el-nino, la-nina, PDO, etc... then you would understand what the hell you are talking about!!
    I'm smart enough to know there is no correlation, but these guys aren't; http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599196229400
    The 2009 U.S. Climate Impacts Report found that large-scale cold-weather storm systems have gradually tracked to the north in the U.S. over the past 50 years. While the frequency of storms in the middle latitudes has decreased as the climate has warmed, the intensity of those storms has increased. That's in part because of global warming
    Aren't these the people you leftists keep touting as the global warming experts?

    If you had any basic knowledge of weather patterns ie; el-nino, la-nina, PDO, etc... then you might understand what the hell you are talking about!!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Lots of moaning and groaning about a little bit of snow going on

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I'm smart enough to know there is no correlation, but these guys aren't; http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599196229400
    Aren't these the people you leftists keep touting as the global warming experts?

    If you had any basic knowledge of weather patterns ie; el-nino, la-nina, PDO, etc... then you might understand what the hell you are talking about!!

    Anyone with a half a brain knows that in an El-Nino year the southern branch of the jet stream is much more dominate. I assure you that these guys know that.

    That being said, this year is very typical of such a year. Been dryer and warmer here, California has been wetter, and the deep south and mid-atlantic have seen a bulk of the snow.

    If we transition to a neutral or La-Nina year you will be wondering why it is dryer and warmer than usual just like last year. But, hmm, we had a very snowy December in Seattle last year. Funny how that works.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Anyone with a half a brain knows that in an El-Nino year the southern branch of the jet stream is much more dominate. I assure you that these guys know that.

    That being said, this year is very typical of such a year. Been dryer and warmer here, California has been wetter, and the deep south and mid-atlantic have seen a bulk of the snow.

    If we transition to a neutral or La-Nina year you will be wondering why it is dryer and warmer than usual just like last year. But, hmm, we had a very snowy December in Seattle last year. Funny how that works.
    Its because of the tsunami that hit in the indian Ocean . the earthquake caused the earth to tilt 3 degrees. we are seeing the effects of it now. since the tilt was to the left, the mid atlantic states are further north than they used to be , making seattle furthe south. can you get this picture in your head.?

Page 1 of 22 1234567811 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event