After studying the suggested recommendations for HP systems from a number of gentlemen on this site, I requested quotes from 2 different companies and brands. My specs are:
• Minimum Desired Specs 15 SEER,12.5 EER, 9 HSPF
• Full BTUs for the size both in cooling and heating mode
• Variable speed blower
• R-410 scroll compressor
• new and correctly sized refrigerant line set
• low ambient starting/performance
• Electronic demand defrost preferred over timed defrost
• A thermostat that will control variable speed blower.
• Tin plated coil (formicary corrosion)
• Man. J to determine the cfm needed for each room.
• Staged heating elements (15kw total)
• 10 year parts/labor warranty
• Honeywell IAQ thermostat or Bryant Evolution equivalent
I have now received two quotes:
AHRI 1382162 (4TWX5036A1 and 4TEE3F39A1) and meeting all above specs or equivalent for a Trane system.
I can find no matching AHRI number for the Bryant quote. The components listed are:
FE4AN005 Evolution Air Handler coupled with the 266ANA036 heat pump and meeting the above specs.
I have some experience with the Bryant dealer, and their work has always been sufficient. My daughter and SIL had a good experience with the Trane dealer.
I am troubled by the fact that I cannot find a system number from AHRI that stipulates being eligible for the Federal tax credit even though in the quote he says it does qualify.
I am also concerned regarding an almost 18% price difference of the Bryant over the Trane. Is there that much a difference in the quality/capability of the units?
Thank you for any counsel