Air Dryer Operation.

I posed this question here since the operation of an air dryer is similar to a medium temp. refrigeration application. During the winter months in the midwest, when the dew point is below 30 degrees, is the air dryer doing any work at all as far as taking moisture out of the compressed air going across the evaporator?
    Stuart
    Lack of airflow destroys compressors.

Is the air compressor taking air from outside or inside where the air is warm and humid?

Ambient air temp dew point won't really apply to compressed air.

Compressing air raises the dew point.

Here's a pfd with a chart showing the relationship of atmospheric dewpoint to the compressed air dewpoint:

http://www.maintenanceworld.com/Arti...ryingyour.html

For example, if air at atmospheric pressure with a dewpoint of +20F is compressed to 100 psig the resulting dewpoint would be approximately 75F.

ice,

how in thee he ll do you come up with this stuff. If there was someone on this site who has been more helpful to anyone with good info, you always comeup at the top of the list. You should make a website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    ice,

how in thee he ll do you come up with this stuff. If there was someone on this site who has been more helpful to anyone with good info, you always comeup at the top of the list. You should make a website.
    He would but, hes too busy digging this up information for us.

Thanks guys.

Google is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Thanks guys.

Google is a wonderful thing.
    High speed connections really help!

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Here's a pfd with a chart showing the relationship of atmospheric dewpoint to the compressed air dewpoint:

http://www.maintenanceworld.com/Arti...ryingyour.html

For example, if air at atmospheric pressure with a dewpoint of +20F is compressed to 100 psig the resulting dewpoint would be approximately 75F.
    Wow! You learn something new every day. According to the chart since our air compressor runs at around 100psi, the operation of the dryer would start to loose effectiveness at around -20 degrees F(dewpoint of ambient). Given a choice its still better to work on an air dryer in the winter time vs. summer because of the lower dewpoints. Thank you for the information.
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    Is the air compressor taking air from outside or inside where the air is warm and humid?
    The inlet is coming from the inside, but don't have to worry about "humid" air this time of year unlike you guys in Florida
    Stuart

Thumbs up ICE's website

I want ICE'S website. I've been changing out Frozen Food doors this week (31) + 3 new. I have not had time to even sign in I am a one man shop. Not complaining since I have not had a single service call this week, Hope everyone is keeping busy.
    In GOD We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by jdwendling View Post
    I want ICE'S website. I've been changing out Frozen Food doors this week (31) + 3 new. I have not had time to even sign in I am a one man shop. Not complaining since I have not had a single service call this week, Hope everyone is keeping busy.
    how the heck do you do that as a one man show. Your a stud. How odl are you? Do you set your own cases?

That take our crew 2 days 3 guys.

Talking case movers & fork lifts

I am 49 and I feel it tonight. I put in 68 hours this week. My son and brother helped some. Also the store owner ( hence the pvc blue primer stains on the tile floor). This is the booneis so I can be the fitter, carpentier, electician, and plumber. I also installed Bohn Microchannel Scroll condensing units. I still have to swap the condensing unit for the Ice/ cream. Now I have to work on the biling. You Know how it always takes twice as long to do someting as it does when you are estimating. My best short cut is the Knowledge I get from Dow and ICE. I hope to take it a little easier this next week. My son gets to scrap the old cases. Too bad the Hussmans have aluminum coils.
    In GOD We Trust