+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara PX help

Post Likes

Niagara PX help

I need help with the PX editor my first question is how do you add weather service to a PX page? My second question is how can I make a hyperlink button email someone when the user clicks it?

Post Likes
    For your first question, drag your Weather Report onto your px and the Make Widget window will open. Select workbench view and then Current Weather View if you want the weather icon and temp. If you want to display all of the current weather data on the px then under the Weather Report drag the Current out and in the Make Widget box select properties and then on the far right highlight all of the property fields you want to display.

For your second question unless things have changed I dont think you can hyperlink to a URL from workbench. You can however do it through the browser. Open BajaUI in your palette. In the Widgets folder drag a button out and add a value binding to it. In the hyperlink you would put your URL. I am pretty sure for it to work you have to prefix it with http://.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Thanks for your help with the weather, it was so simple I felt stupid I had to ask for help. On the email it still does not work I am trying to use mailto to get it to work like in HTML if I just put in mailto:soanso@gmail.com it does nothing if I put in http://mailto:soanso@gmail.com it opens gmail.com. I can make it work if I use the email client in the jace but it does not let me supply a email address for the client to email to.

Post Likes
    Wow, I totally misread your second question. I thought you wanted to hyperlink to a website. My appologies. I will have to look into that one but I bet Freddy or Digo may know the answer.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    I am pretty sure that using mailto:soanso@gmail.com (with or without the http://) will only open your default mail program on your PC - same as from any other web page.
    Unfortunately I have only used an alarm through the email service so cannot really help.
    gnomethang

Post Likes
    That is how I want it to work, if I put in mailto:soanso@gmail.com I want it to open outlook (or whatever the default mail program is) with soanso@gmail.com as the send to email address, but if I use just the mailto: syntax it does absolutely nothing when I click it.

Post Likes
    mailto:soanso@gmail.com would not work in px hyper-link. Px hyper-link accept any xxx:yyy string and that doesn't mean anything.

Embeded html view doesn't help either. Px view does recognize the "mailto" link but clicking it does not bring up anything.

Only pure html file works. And you can do:
    <a href="mailto:soanso@gmail.com?subject=why this doesn't work in px?">Click Here</a>

Post Likes
    is there a way of making a 5 day forcast with and have the day display/update attached to it (Today, Fri, Sat, Sun..)?

Post Likes
    vaultein,
    use a bound label binding as below...
    station:|slot:/Services/WeatherService/WeatherReport/day2

in the "text" field of the bound label, use the following...
    %displayName%

It will then change to the actual day on the forecast.

TommyC

Post Likes
    Thanks Tommy!! worked great!!
    Knowledge is money - Ignorance is expensive!!

Post Likes
    no problem... I am sure that someone told me how to do it many moons ago as well !!!

Sharing knowledge is key, or it will be lost !!!

have a great weekend !!

TommyC

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    That is how I want it to work, if I put in mailto:soanso@gmail.com I want it to open outlook (or whatever the default mail program is) with soanso@gmail.com as the send to email address, but if I use just the mailto: syntax it does absolutely nothing when I click it.
    what about the emailService

...Action Button to station:|slot:/Services/EmailService/send

also look at program/emailSender ... a little script that will do it too....can be modified if needed.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in