Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

I'd be curious about your apprenticeship...

Condensedave is busy reading up so he can take the NATE exams.

Talking

Hey Andy!

Thanks for the definition! JMM

Originally posted by NormChris
    Reading won't help

Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

I've had internet connection problems.

What do you want to know? I was given the keys to a '69 Ford, A copy of Modern Refrig, and a list of phone numbers...

Originally posted by acmanko
    Reading won't help
    With an attitude like that, you're never going to be more than a functional illiterate, which fits into your drunken pedophile lifestyle quite nicely.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by acmanko
    Reading won't help
    With an attitude like that, you're never going to be more than a functional illiterate, which fits into your drunken pedophile lifestyle quite nicely.
    Reading won't help unless you understand what you read,which you don't.

What do you want to know? I was given the keys to a '69 Ford, A copy of Modern Refrig, and a list of phone numbers...
    The self-study approach... Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus.

[Edited by Andy Schoen on 06-20-2004 at 05:04 PM]

"Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus."

What's the telephone company got to do with this?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

The self-study approach... Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus.

[Edited by Andy Schoen on 06-20-2004 at 05:04 PM]
    Sure did. Worked for the guy for over a decade.

He's the one that gave me the book and the truck keys, and the list of phone numbers...

And I think telemarketers should be shot.

I just read every single piece of paper that could have been even remotely trade related until I figured out WHERE and WHY, bugged the living hell out of the older guys until they told HOW and WHEN, and knew WHO to call when I couldn't get it.

Actually, our resident drunken pedophile seems to think that I have issues with reading comprehension, but that's really only because of his own insecurities and dementia.

I am actually a voracious reader, always have been. The only "formal classroom" training that I had was so boring I stopped going. I'd already been through their text, and knew more than the instructor, I'm certain. My questions went unanswered, as this individual could not, or was unwilling to, learn the answers himself. Not one single tech out of that class could've passed the NATE test based on what they had learned there, I'm sure.

My hands-on skills were there, for the most part, prior to my getting involved in the trade. I learned things such as welding, sheetmetal layout, commercial wiring, pipefitting, etc. as the need arose. My "book learning" is entirely through self-study. My troubleshooting ability comes from being a pain in the ass of every single tech I ran across in my first three years, give or take...

Mainly, I like to do what I do. I enjoy finishing even more, and I found that the more I learned, the faster I was finished, and the earlier the tee time.

I still vote no on NATE, and most likely always will, for the infamous reasons I have given, but I don't really care if someone else wants it.

Hey, HTF did I get dragged back into this, anyway? I was trying to be nice.

Talking

I just read every single piece of paper that could have been even remotely trade related until I figured out WHERE and WHY, bugged the living hell out of the older guys until they told HOW and WHEN, and knew WHO to call when I couldn't get it.

Actually, our resident drunken pedophile seems to think that I have issues with reading comprehension, but that's really only because of his own insecurities and dementia.

I am actually a voracious reader, always have been. The only "formal classroom" training that I had was so boring I stopped going. I'd already been through their text, and knew more than the instructor, I'm certain. My questions went unanswered, as this individual could not, or was unwilling to, learn the answers himself. Not one single tech out of that class could've passed the NATE test based on what they had learned there, I'm sure.
    My hands-on skills were there, for the most part, prior to my getting involved in the trade. I learned things such as welding, sheetmetal layout, commercial wiring, pipefitting, etc. as the need arose. My "book learning" is entirely through self-study. My troubleshooting ability comes from being a pain in the ass of every single tech I ran across in my first three years, give or take...

Mainly, I like to do what I do. I enjoy finishing even more, and I found that the more I learned, the faster I was finished, and the earlier the tee time.

I still vote no on NATE, and most likely always will, for the infamous reasons I have given, but I don't really care if someone else wants it.

Hey, HTF did I get dragged back into this, anyway? I was trying to be nice.
    wow , wonderfully stated, but who where you refering to. btw, when you state that you know more then someone in a position to teach it only proves your ignorance.

Cool

It's OK, if I don't demean James' sister , she'll think I like her.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast