Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 165
  1. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,987
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

    I'd be curious about your apprenticeship...

  2. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579
    Condensedave is busy reading up so he can take the NATE exams.

  3. #146

    Talking

    Hey Andy!

    Thanks for the definition! JMM

  4. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Condensedave is busy reading up so he can take the NATE exams.
    Reading won't help

  5. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

    I'd be curious about your apprenticeship...
    I've had internet connection problems.

    What do you want to know? I was given the keys to a '69 Ford, A copy of Modern Refrig, and a list of phone numbers...

  6. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    Originally posted by acmanko
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Condensedave is busy reading up so he can take the NATE exams.
    Reading won't help
    With an attitude like that, you're never going to be more than a functional illiterate, which fits into your drunken pedophile lifestyle quite nicely.

  7. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by acmanko
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Condensedave is busy reading up so he can take the NATE exams.
    Reading won't help
    With an attitude like that, you're never going to be more than a functional illiterate, which fits into your drunken pedophile lifestyle quite nicely.
    Reading won't help unless you understand what you read,which you don't.

  8. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,987
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

    I'd be curious about your apprenticeship...
    I've had internet connection problems.

    What do you want to know? I was given the keys to a '69 Ford, A copy of Modern Refrig, and a list of phone numbers...
    The self-study approach... Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus.

    [Edited by Andy Schoen on 06-20-2004 at 05:04 PM]

  9. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,754
    "Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus."

    What's the telephone company got to do with this?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  10. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    C'mon condenseddave, where are you? You haven't argued about NATE certification for perhaps 2 months now. You're overdue...

    I'd be curious about your apprenticeship...
    I've had internet connection problems.

    What do you want to know? I was given the keys to a '69 Ford, A copy of Modern Refrig, and a list of phone numbers...
    The self-study approach... Surely you had a mentor, as did Telemachus.

    [Edited by Andy Schoen on 06-20-2004 at 05:04 PM]
    Sure did. Worked for the guy for over a decade.

    He's the one that gave me the book and the truck keys, and the list of phone numbers...

    And I think telemarketers should be shot.

  11. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    I just read every single piece of paper that could have been even remotely trade related until I figured out WHERE and WHY, bugged the living hell out of the older guys until they told HOW and WHEN, and knew WHO to call when I couldn't get it.

    Actually, our resident drunken pedophile seems to think that I have issues with reading comprehension, but that's really only because of his own insecurities and dementia.

    I am actually a voracious reader, always have been. The only "formal classroom" training that I had was so boring I stopped going. I'd already been through their text, and knew more than the instructor, I'm certain. My questions went unanswered, as this individual could not, or was unwilling to, learn the answers himself. Not one single tech out of that class could've passed the NATE test based on what they had learned there, I'm sure.

    My hands-on skills were there, for the most part, prior to my getting involved in the trade. I learned things such as welding, sheetmetal layout, commercial wiring, pipefitting, etc. as the need arose. My "book learning" is entirely through self-study. My troubleshooting ability comes from being a pain in the ass of every single tech I ran across in my first three years, give or take...

    Mainly, I like to do what I do. I enjoy finishing even more, and I found that the more I learned, the faster I was finished, and the earlier the tee time.

    I still vote no on NATE, and most likely always will, for the infamous reasons I have given, but I don't really care if someone else wants it.

    Hey, HTF did I get dragged back into this, anyway? I was trying to be nice.

  12. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890

    Talking

    Originally posted by condenseddave
    I just read every single piece of paper that could have been even remotely trade related until I figured out WHERE and WHY, bugged the living hell out of the older guys until they told HOW and WHEN, and knew WHO to call when I couldn't get it.

    Actually, our resident drunken pedophile seems to think that I have issues with reading comprehension, but that's really only because of his own insecurities and dementia.

    I am actually a voracious reader, always have been. The only "formal classroom" training that I had was so boring I stopped going. I'd already been through their text, and knew more than the instructor, I'm certain. My questions went unanswered, as this individual could not, or was unwilling to, learn the answers himself. Not one single tech out of that class could've passed the NATE test based on what they had learned there, I'm sure.
    My hands-on skills were there, for the most part, prior to my getting involved in the trade. I learned things such as welding, sheetmetal layout, commercial wiring, pipefitting, etc. as the need arose. My "book learning" is entirely through self-study. My troubleshooting ability comes from being a pain in the ass of every single tech I ran across in my first three years, give or take...

    Mainly, I like to do what I do. I enjoy finishing even more, and I found that the more I learned, the faster I was finished, and the earlier the tee time.

    I still vote no on NATE, and most likely always will, for the infamous reasons I have given, but I don't really care if someone else wants it.

    Hey, HTF did I get dragged back into this, anyway? I was trying to be nice.
    wow , wonderfully stated, but who where you refering to. btw, when you state that you know more then someone in a position to teach it only proves your ignorance.

  13. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890

    Cool

    It's OK, if I don't demean James' sister , she'll think I like her.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event