Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
not sure, but you may jsut chase away good contractors with your statement of using your in law to do piping for you. this oftentimes doesnt work out well, and contractors dont want to get wrapped up in thistype of ugliness in most cases. anyway, moving forward.
That's not the plan. I work in the construction industry so I am well aware how things work. I do not know what peoples capabilities are here so if someone local wants a shot at it I am more then happy to talk with them. All I was saying was if they do not have the man power to do all the work I have extra hands available. I like to know as much as possible with what I am getting into before I let someone in to do work. If I wanted my family to install the system I could do that since I have another very experienced guy who would map everything out for me. However, we are not planning on moving anytime soon so I want things to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
assuming windows have been upgraded since the forties
Windows happen to be my specialty. If you think new windows add efficiency over weather stripped windows with storms you are throwing good money away. Very few will admit it but when you look at the numbers replacement windows do not add up if your windows are in good shape. Window marketers just don't want you to know it. Your U factor for a single glazed window with a low E storm window is around .29 - .35. The is the same range most replacement windows fall into.