Thread: Need some help

Need some help

I have an interview with a controlled company tomorrow. I know a little bit about DDC, and automation. But never really worked with it before. What are some things i should know going in to this interview. Just some info that we get me a little more ready for this. I appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan87 View Post
    I have an interview with a controlled company tomorrow. I know a little bit about DDC, and automation. But never really worked with it before. What are some things i should know going in to this interview. Just some info that we get me a little more ready for this. I appreciate any help.
    How exactly is this company controlled? Is it under constant surveillance by big brother?

ha like i said never really worked with it. Thats why I'm asking for help. i was looking for an hvac job and the guy said that they are a controlled company. Looking into the company more i saw building automation. So if i said it wrong.. opps but i still need help.

Dan,

The best thing to do is go into the interview and be honest about your experience and knowledge with controls. If you are a computer person that is a bonus, so if you can work your way around a laptop let them know. Show them that you are willing and anxious to learn the trade and are a self-starter.

Just posting on this forum looking for answers/help is a good example, a lot of guys start their career in controls with the question "So how do you turn this thing on again?"

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Dan,

The best thing to do is go into the interview and be honest about your experience and knowledge with controls. If you are a computer person that is a bonus, so if you can work your way around a laptop let them know. Show them that you are willing and anxious to learn the trade and are a self-starter.

Just posting on this forum looking for answers/help is a good example, a lot of guys start their career in controls with the question "So how do you turn this thing on again?"

kontrol out
    perfect advice thank you. i have a feeling ill be asking that question alot. thanks again

Be honest about your experience, no BS, they will see right through it if you do.

If you think it's something you want to do tell them that you are intrested in LEARNING Controls and that you believe in self study (that is if you really do).

A strong mechanical backgroung is benefitial in controls. Especially knowing Why (theory) stuff works the way it does not just How (functionality) it works.
    Last edited by Cagey57; 02-07-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

So how'd the interview go?