I have a Sun Valley Stove Hepplewhite model MCHPG with a Type C100 new buck burner. It has been nothing but trouble since it was installed. It has sooted up the house and the local gas supplier replaced the burner and told me it was defective. That was last year and he replaced the burner. We never used it after that, and now it wont stay lit. The company was supposed to help us re-paint the living room but he says they won't call him back. The gas company owner is a friend of mine, but i want this taken care of. Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer? I e-mailed them and got no reply. Do any of you deal with them and are they a good company? The gas company sent me a new pilot assbly. but the old one was never used before it went bad. I would like the manuf. to take care of this if they will.

Never heard of 'em.

Frankly, replacing aburner on new equipment would be highly unusual. Far more likely that it needed some kind of adjustment.

Personally, I'd look for someone who really understands gas fireplaces. More than likely you just need the equipment properly installed and properly adjusted.

Seattle Pioneer

I understand your point. The burner was impinging on the logs when it was removed and replaced. the only adjustment is low and high flame settings. Everybody and their mother wants to sell these things, but noone knows how to properly work on them. It is an unvented set and right now LP. is $1.99/gal. It is cheaper for me to heat with my geothermal h/p. I just want to contact the manufacturer and see if they have a rep in the area to look at these and maybe give me some suggestions. I thought posting here someone might have some inside info. for that company.

SUN VALLEY STOVES HAS A SUPPLIER THAT CAN HELP,
    MASDA CORP 1-804-2312864
    GOOD LUCK

Originally posted by freonjohn
    Where did you get the Sun Valley stove?
    I have a Sun Valley Stove Hepplewhite model MCHPG with a Type C100 new buck burner. It has been nothing but trouble since it was installed. It has sooted up the house and the local gas supplier replaced the burner and told me it was defective. That was last year and he replaced the burner. We never used it after that, and now it wont stay lit. The company was supposed to help us re-paint the living room but he says they won't call him back. The gas company owner is a friend of mine, but i want this taken care of. Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer? I e-mailed them and got no reply. Do any of you deal with them and are they a good company? The gas company sent me a new pilot assbly. but the old one was never used before it went bad. I would like the manuf. to take care of this if they will.

Thanks Flame Man. I bought the stove from the gas company. The owner of the gas company is a friend of mine, but i can't seem to get him to do anything. he keeps telling me the salesman is supposed to come by and never does. Anyway to make a long story short i want to contact the manufacturer to explain my problem. I am hoping the man. will stand behind their product and send someone who knows how to fix logs and take care of this set.

The owner of the gas company is a friend of mine, but i can't seem to get him to do anything.

Some Friend!!!

Yea i know! funny- he doesn't mind sending me bills for the gas. Right now in Md. it is $1.99/gal unless you can get a bulk rate.