Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it will get me a free trip to Australia, I'll come down there and tell 'em it's no good and needs to be euthanized........

Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

It's pretty hot and humid down here right now. 95 degrees and about 80% RH. A nice storm is brewing up. I'm not Australian anyway.....
    A problem shared is a problem halved

bungle
    I remember a YT years back, R123, that had refrigerant that was a greeninsh tint. Thought the tubes were coming apart, but copper numbers in oil were low. sounds like you have an issue there alright. I wonder if the humidity in the plant caused what you are seeing, if they left chilled water flowing and no drop light in the shell while open, it is definately trouble, but you are seeing something severe. Could a cleaning agent (degreaser) cause this? randy is right, eductors need to be cleaned and inspected.I'll tell you what I did one time, and I know it will sound excessive and in no way is it anything I have heard from York, but I have bench tested the eductors before. I took a brand new eductor out of the box and piped up nitrogen as the motive force, and attached a gauge to the induced vacuum area and marked what I had. at 10 pounds nitrogen, I induced a 6.5 to 7 inch vac. Had an old one that when I cleaned it, only did about 3 inches. I canned it and went with the new one. Klove put out some good tips on these issues and I would lean on what he says.
    In my opinion, the refrigerant color and the oil return issues are two independent issues. I dont know what kind of labs you have in Aussie, but if possible I think you would want analysis. If you find high iron in that oil, you are pegged dead to rights internal rust. Could you even let a sample of that refrigerant sit out for a while and see what remains after it evaporates?

Good luck

r404a

I agree 100% that these are 2 different issues.

On Monday I am going to get an oil analysis done and go from there. Thanks for all the excellent tips. I'll keep you posted....

When was the last time an eddy current was done? Is the cdw or chw pressure higher than the machine? Could also be a tube issue.

I have no idea, as I only have seen the machine this week. In my estimate probably never.

bungle

anyway to get the R123 analyzed as well?

r404a

Apparently it was done already and found to be acceptable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12