A Goodman and his big brother
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just installed a Trane XL16i heat pump with the dual capacity scroll compressor and r-410A with a variable speed air handler. It took me and my trusty helper 8 hours and 27 minutes.

Read, read, read!

Let me guess, the J is a 5 ton and the Choo Choo is a 2 ton

Did you use the foil tape in lieu of sheet metal for transitioning?

What the heck is sheet-metal?

I like useing silver tape, it seals up the duct work real well. I like how you put it around the bottom door to stop infiltration. I have done that on some furnaces when opening the door and finding the control board covered in dust and crap, the tape seals the bottom up nice and tight.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Senior Tech Guest
    Silver tape has it's place...unfortunately some choose to use this on ductboard...it is not ductboard tape. In this peticular application I see no problem with it, unless you can maybe get it in poo poo green and he used silver anyway.

The only type of silver tape I buy is the kind you see in the picture. It is UL rated, #181-A-P/181-B-FX (see the red lettering on it). Pressure sensitive tape that must be squegeed down, and is acceptable for use on ductboard, sheetmetal, and both inner and outer flex duct linnings.

There are silver tapes with out the UL ratings that are not to be used on duct systems and will not pass an insepction but the wholesalers still sell lots of it. Hmmmmm......

Nice job.
    Our codes won't let us put the disconnet that you end up walking between 2 units when they are that close together.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I prefer to build & install my ductwork so there are no leaks that need to be taped.

Or get your little chaulking gun out and hit it with some duct sealer.

Guys that do exclusively resi. work don't known about duct sealer. In commerical the engineers love to see duct sealer on all joints. If done correctly ductsealer is quicker, cheaper and looks better than tape of any kind.

They don't know about putting lagging adhesive on duct liner ,either. Seen plenty of commercial jobs that lacked both.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

What should the clearance be from the wall to the access panel of the cho cho. Is the panel on the side or back or front?

nice lookin job,,

we dont typically use tie straps to fasten LL to suction line tho, sometime thatll make em sweat =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast