Just installed a desa direct vent a couple of weeks ago,when I started the unit up it ran fine for over a half an hour so I packed eveything up,two days later they call back unit not working.Started unit up flames would lift up and go out I opened door flames were fine called company they said they had a recall need to put new starting collar on,did that unit ran for over an hour,packed eveything up A OK,get a call today same thing pilots out any ideas? The vent cap isn't blocked by bushes,I caulked all the joints,theres pitch on the vent,gas pressure is good,Any thing else i'm missing?

Check the input ---too much gas and you'll have a problem.

Examine every element of the installation instructions with care. Perhaps they still gave you an incorrect part.

Seattle Pioneer

Are you saying flames are floating out? If so than that means a lack of combustion air.. Someone mentioned input. First thing would be to clock meter for input. Does this unit have a thermally activated damper installed that may not be opening? If you open the door so you have combustion air entering does it still float out? OR is this a control type problem that make the flame just go out?

IS REAR VENT OR TOP VENT?

Thank you all for replying,it has to be somethimg with lack of combustion air,I double checked venting eveything seems ok but as soon as I open door everything is ok.And it is vented out the back

When you open the door and introduce air into the combustion area you have proven combustion air is the problem. And overgassed burner will consume what oxygen is available and than float out. Either one of two things exist. # 1 the inability to vent #2 overegassed Let us know what you find