Liebert system 3 temp sensor

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has been told by Liebert that they have to order the control panel upgrade kit ( $3000) for the older type System 3's? My control board is working fine, but I have a bad temp/humidity sensor and its obviously not made anymore and Liebert wants me to purchase the upgrade kit. I just don't feel like spending that kind of money just because I have a bad temp/humidity sensor. Its a 5VDC sensor but I don't know the Volts to temp ratio. If I knew that, I could probably install something else. Has anyone got any info on this, or came across the same problem and used aftermarket. Thanks, Jim

Sensor SNAFU

Jim:

I have 25 Deluxe 3s on site that are 20 years old - I hear you.

The problem is the way everything is integrated back to the board - Liebert sensors take their info and convert it to a hertz ( frequency ) signal for the board, and on goes the logic from there.

As an interim measure, you can install a set of contacts across the jumper pins on the triac portion of the board, which I have done, but you lose the logic and sequencing etc. If you are trying to keep tight parameters, I suggest a board retrofit - I have done one, another to do, and totally replaced one entrie unit that was just rotten.

The retrofit was a bit intimidating at first, but worked out OK.

There are a few real Liebert gurus that chime in on this forum - they will know better than I.

Freonguy
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

What board are you talking about? The older one with the sivler tubes on it or the one with the white box? If it is the older one with the tubes you can get replacement tubes still.
    do things right the first time is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jim4237 View Post
    Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has been told by Liebert that they have to order the control panel upgrade kit ( $3000) for the older type System 3's? My control board is working fine, but I have a bad temp/humidity sensor and its obviously not made anymore and Liebert wants me to purchase the upgrade kit. I just don't feel like spending that kind of money just because I have a bad temp/humidity sensor. Its a 5VDC sensor but I don't know the Volts to temp ratio. If I knew that, I could probably install something else. Has anyone got any info on this, or came across the same problem and used aftermarket. Thanks, Jim
    Jim4237

The factory is going always give you the worst case senario as if the were out of the part you were looking for: I believe that you are looking for a
    4C13121G1 depending on your unit. If you contact the local rep in your area thay may have the part(s) that you are looking for or they can at least find n for you from any of the other rep offices that may stock the particular part that you are looking for.

Freonguy is correct as the sensor converts a frequency calculation into a temp. value.

If not make contact thru the forum once again and I will see if I can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Domcort View Post
    Jim4237
    I believe that you are looking for a
    4C13121G1 depending on your unit.

That part number is the board that the sensors plug into on Lvl 1/2/3/00 Delux. He needs temp & hum sensors 020-0162 and 020-0150 or something like that. Can't recall. It's been awhile since I played with the old stuff but those sensors are still available at any Liebert parts shop. Unless he has some of the old solid state stuff he can replace them. Then it's time to upgrade or hack it up.

I have some sitting in my garage anyone needs them. When I do upgrades I keep the old parts. Just shoot me a message.