Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

work van and truck stock parts

The company I work for is getting me a work van and I wanted to ask you guys what Ford van you recommend?
    I only work on mcdonalds units, so commercial air and heat as well as refrigeration.

Also I started a quick list of parts that ill need to stock the van with. Let me know what I'm forgetting. Thanks!

Truck stock parts

Electrical
    -wire nuts
    -wire
    -contactors
    -relays
    -time delays
    -hard start kits
    -universal capacitors
    -wire connectors
    -ignition modules
    -flame sensors/ignitors
    -electrical tape
    -overloads
    -pressure switches
    -thermostats

Mechanical
    -belts
    -nuts/bolts
    -washers
    -filters

Refrigeration
    -refrigerant
    -nitrogen
    -acetyline
    -leak tester dye
    -silver brazing sticks
    -fittings
    -copper line sets
    -insulating foam tape
    -filter driers

Micron gauge
    Flux
    sand paper
    wire ties
    misc screws
    meter
    batteries for tools

Quote Originally Posted by mcairrepair View Post
    The company I work for is getting me a work van and I wanted to ask you guys what CHEVY van you recommend?
    I only work on mcdonalds units, so commercial air and heat as well as refrigeration.

Also I started a quick list of parts that ill need to stock the van with. Let me know what I'm forgetting. Thanks!

Truck stock parts

Electrical
    -wire nuts
    -wire
    -contactors
    -relays
    -time delays
    -hard start kits
    -universal capacitors
    -wire connectors
    -ignition modules
    -flame sensors/ignitors
    -electrical tape
    -overloads
    -pressure switches
    -thermostats

Mechanical
    -belts
    -nuts/bolts
    -washers
    -filters

Refrigeration
    -refrigerant
    -nitrogen
    -acetyline
    -leak tester dye
    -silver brazing sticks
    -fittings
    -copper line sets
    -insulating foam tape
    -filter driers
    Fixed it,

Currently in Massachusetts, but in the near future, will be moving to Delaware
    Saw the fix. Well being a Ford guy, I would definitely suggest an E-250. Better to have that ability to carry a load. Besides, once you put in all the racks, tools and parts, I'll bet you'll pretty heavy to start with. This is speaking from experience, get a V-8, doesn't have to be huge, but a 6 cylinder is definitly underpowered when you've got a truck full of stuff. The V-8 will have the power to carry everything better and you might even get a little better gas mileage, because it won't be working so hard.

parts

Quote Originally Posted by mcairrepair View Post
    The company I work for is getting me a work van and I wanted to ask you guys what Ford van you recommend?

Truck stock parts

Electrical
    -wire nuts
    -wire
    -contactors
    -relays
    -time delays
    -hard start kits
    -universal capacitors
    -wire connectors
    -ignition modules
    -flame sensors/ignitors
    -electrical tape
    -overloads
    -pressure switches
    -thermostats

Mechanical
    -belts
    -nuts/bolts
    -washers
    -filters

Refrigeration
    -refrigerant
    -nitrogen
    -acetyline
    -leak tester dye
    -silver brazing sticks
    -fittings
    -copper line sets
    -insulating foam tape
    -filter driers
    big blue soap bubbles, uv dye w/light, digital weight scale
    several sets of gagues, for the varying freons u will use
    carry alki foam coil cleaner, vinegar, largs rags box, paper towels, hand cleaner to get thew food grease off,
    assortment of schrader ports, clamp on freon schrader, cause many of the units will not have one on it period
    forget the universal capacitor, its too big and doesnt fit in alot of units,
    then you will have to have winter/ summer parts inventory that you cant figure out till you run your route and find out which units you have,
    also learn very fast about refrig door seals and gaskets cause the delivery man tears them up, or the employees do,
    also carry two high capacity heat guns for defrosting units, they freeze them up regularity not closing the walk ins,
    in every way make youunits easier to work on, from moving things to cutting holes. the installers are terrible about installing an condenser behind a pole, under a bar joist, etc.
    be prepared to remove evap fan assemblies to clean out the food grease caked up in the squirrl cages, etc.
    your have fun the first week, after that it will be the grind, day to day, bs
    lastly what did you get agreed to concerning call outs on weekends/after hours? they usually wewight to call you till 5:30pm on friday, then when you get there you discover its been broken for a week.
    goodluck.
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

Don't overload your van. The shelving in the fords is terrible. My shelving came crashing down about 2 weeks ago. I thought someone hit the van, definitely ruined my day.

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  26.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  56.7 KB

How bout an outdoor temp sensor, or an economizer board, damper motor or whatever ot takes to stop the cold air from blowing on me when I eat inside at MickyDee's. hahaha
    Always here

Cool

Get yourself a e-350 with shelves from American van or Adrian steel. Way better than the plastic shelves.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

I have the same shelves as "Maints" and they are all falling apart! Need metal.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreygagne View Post
    I have the same shelves as "Maints" and they are all falling apart! Need metal.
    I had them in my 05 e-350 and they sucked. They seemed to over time vibrate apart. They also were a pain to adjust. I like my combo of American van and Adrian steel shelves and bins. Even have tank holders for my nitro and b-tank. Also the door storage trays are great to.Made in the USA to.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Dodge Grand Caravan

Stow and go seats, install your own shelves, (add trailer hitch kit and rear suspension kit.) Cloth seats, stereo/cd, 25MPG highway, power opening doors (sides and rear)

Currently in Massachusetts, but in the near future, will be moving to Delaware
    I have heard the same thing from just about everyone who's had the "factory shelving". They suck. There are a few after market brands out there, a little expensive, but I'd be willing to bet they won't rattle apart. The other option, which I have in my van, is to build your own. Mine are wood and they don't rattle or squeak.

Ford's ride harder than Chevy/GMC, something to keep in mind if you are spending a lot of time travailing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast