Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857

    Cabinet members of past presidents

    On a recent Glenn Beck Show, he had a graph that illustrated the
    percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the
    private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You
    know what the private business sector is... A real life businesses, not
    a government job. Here are the percentages discussed by Mr. Beck.

    T. Roosevelt........ 38%
    Taft...................... 40%
    Wilson ................. 52%
    Harding.................49%
    Coolidge.............. 48%
    Hoover ................42%
    F. Roosevelt......... 50%
    Truman.................50%
    Eisenhower.......... 57%
    Kennedy.............. 30%
    Johnson.................47%
    Nixon................... 53%
    Ford.....................42%
    Carter...................32%
    Reagan.................56%
    GH Bush.............. 51%
    Clinton .................39%
    GW Bush............. 55%

    And the winner of the Chicken Dinner is..............

    Obama................. 8% !!!

    It would appear that Mr Obama is not really a fan of business... the place that produces the $$$ that pays our salaries... Small wonder the country is in trouble...

    And before anyone says it was Bush's fault... Obummer has been in office for a year now, he has had enough time to change things... Remember that word: CHANGE?

    One more thing: Obama thinks he is a modern-day FDR... Note that FDR (the only president to preside over an economic downturn worse that today), had 50% of his cabinet from business (the highest % of the entire 20th century). Funny how Mr Obama does not understand that one...

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    On a recent Glenn Beck Show, he had a graph that illustrated the
    percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the
    private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You
    know what the private business sector is... A real life businesses, not
    a government job. Here are the percentages discussed by Mr. Beck.

    T. Roosevelt........ 38%
    Taft...................... 40%
    Wilson ................. 52%
    Harding.................49%
    Coolidge.............. 48%
    Hoover ................42%
    F. Roosevelt......... 50%
    Truman.................50%
    Eisenhower.......... 57%
    Kennedy.............. 30%
    Johnson.................47%
    Nixon................... 53%
    Ford.....................42%
    Carter...................32%
    Reagan.................56%
    GH Bush.............. 51%
    Clinton .................39%
    GW Bush............. 55%

    And the winner of the Chicken Dinner is..............

    Obama................. 8% !!!

    It would appear that Mr Obama is not really a fan of business... the place that produces the $$$ that pays our salaries... Small wonder the country is in trouble...

    And before anyone says it was Bush's fault... Obummer has been in office for a year now, he has had enough time to change things... Remember that word: CHANGE?

    One more thing: Obama thinks he is a modern-day FDR... Note that FDR (the only president to preside over an economic downturn worse that today), had 50% of his cabinet from business (the highest % of the entire 20th century). Funny how Mr Obama does not understand that one...
    Well what do you expect? Its hard to find a businessman who is also a good communist. George Soros would qualify but he is to busy I'm sure with his company. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

    Remember that word: CHANGE?


    I remember another word from that campaign, too. "Hope". Ain't none of that floatin' around either.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    On a recent Glenn Beck Show, he had a graph that illustrated the
    percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the
    private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You
    know what the private business sector is... A real life businesses, not
    a government job. Here are the percentages discussed by Mr. Beck.

    T. Roosevelt........ 38%
    Taft...................... 40%
    Wilson ................. 52%
    Harding.................49%
    Coolidge.............. 48%
    Hoover ................42%
    F. Roosevelt......... 50%
    Truman.................50%
    Eisenhower.......... 57%
    Kennedy.............. 30%
    Johnson.................47%
    Nixon................... 53%
    Ford.....................42%
    Carter...................32%
    Reagan.................56%
    GH Bush.............. 51%
    Clinton .................39%
    GW Bush............. 55%

    And the winner of the Chicken Dinner is..............

    Obama................. 8% !!!

    It would appear that Mr Obama is not really a fan of business... the place that produces the $$$ that pays our salaries... Small wonder the country is in trouble...

    And before anyone says it was Bush's fault... Obummer has been in office for a year now, he has had enough time to change things... Remember that word: CHANGE?

    One more thing: Obama thinks he is a modern-day FDR... Note that FDR (the only president to preside over an economic downturn worse that today), had 50% of his cabinet from business (the highest % of the entire 20th century). Funny how Mr Obama does not understand that one...

    Politifact rates this one FALSE.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Politifact rates this one FALSE.
    What you couldn't find it in snopes so you search the net to find a leftest commie site who disagrees? Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Politifact...St. Petersburg Times creation. This rag is kept afloat by Karl Marx's worshippers.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    What you couldn't find it in snopes so you search the net to find a leftest commie site who disagrees? Thank you very much.
    Hmmmmm.........Jmac and Mrs. Reb have used politifact to support their posts. Are you calling them users of a commie site?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,805
    "Politifact...St. Petersburg Times creation. This rag is kept afloat by Karl Marx's worshippers"

    Was he one of the Marx brothers?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Hmmmmm.........Jmac and Mrs. Reb have used politifact to support their posts. Are you calling them users of a commie site?
    Like any good socialist rag, they mix truth with lies. An intelligent person can recognize the diff.

    No, I'm not trying to make you feel inferior.

    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Politi--who??? never heard of it... must be a small underground protest place. One of the wonderful things about this country is that all the goofs have just as much right to speak as those that KNOW of what they speak...

    However, to be fair to a childish liberal... I will send this 'politifact' place to some of my investor friends... if none of them have heard of it (as I never have), this will go a long ay to explaining how relevant the information on the site is...

    BTW: Seems I remember someone saying they do not believe everything they see on the internet...

    Also seems I remember AirAmerica went belly-up a while back... they were a lot better known than this obscure place...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    "Politifact...St. Petersburg Times creation. This rag is kept afloat by Karl Marx's worshippers"

    Was he one of the Marx brothers?
    Yeah, cool. He was one of the Marx brothers.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    However, to be fair to a childish liberal... I will send this 'politifact' place to some of my investor friends... if none of them have heard of it (as I never have), this will go a long ay to explaining how relevant the information on the site is...
    Better yet. Do your own research and come back and tell us what you have found about the percentage of business backgrounds of the cabinet.

    BTW: Seems I remember someone saying they do not believe everything they see on the internet...
    Everything does not equal anything.

    Did you step out for beer during English class?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Like any good socialist rag, they mix truth with lies. An intelligent person can recognize the diff.
    So tell us, what are the lies you have discovered in politifact's article?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event