Get into the field

I'm new to HVAC, don't know much about it and I'm wanting to get in the HVAC field. But I'm wondering how to go about it. Should I just go to school and get the certifications or do some companies train on the job or an apprenticeship?

Thanks for any help.

i was hired not knowing anything..they payed for half my schooling..times are tough now though, just visit your local HVAC contractors and see what they say. Don't just ask for a application and leave but let them know how hungry u are for a carrier, its not just a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph006 View Post
    I'm new to HVAC, don't know much about it and I'm wanting to get in the HVAC field. But I'm wondering how to go about it. Should I just go to school and get the certifications or do some companies train on the job or an apprenticeship?

Thanks for any help.
    I went ahead and took it upon my self, went to school, and I have started working on my EPA 608, so I now find my self working hard to get my foot in the door, so if you can find work before the education, you have a great edge on the market.. good luck...