JACE2 With Ndio Multi-state input

need some help guys.

what is the best way to configure a enumeration input on a JACE2 Ndio board?

I have 2 contact switch arrangement with resistors in parallel with each contact.

I need to monitor 5 possible states.

1. wires - short circuit or both contacts closed
    2. wires - open circuit
    3. Both contacts open = 15K ohm at input
    4. contact 1 closed = 10K ohm at input
    5. contact 2 closed = 5k ohm at input

Input wiring works correctly, and have tried several input configurations with generic tabular >= Linear conversion working the best.

I created a facet for the 5 states but can't seem to get the point output to read the range and display the correct enum text.

anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

TIA
    Auto
    In case of malfunction-Reconnect brain BEFORE starting mouth.

Ordinal, Tag, and Display doesn't work?

I did the same thing recently but set the point up as a thermistor due to it being in a remote lon control that was only capable of reading resistance as a thermistor. You should have one up on me with the linear conversion but reading it as a thermistor will work as well. I just wrote some programing that was pretty much values between this and this turned on a binary point saying this is on or off. I was using one input for two like you but wanted my two discrete outputs on the end. I had to add delays to the logic to stop from false readings as the inputs sorta wind up and down as the contacts change state. You could use some other blocks to spit out an enumeration at the end of the logic if you really want a multistate output. This little line of logic will get you around the issue you are having. I can't quite see how you would do what you want directly on the input but thats not saying it can't be done.

Last edited by willf650; 01-31-2010 at 08:50 AM.

I thought he had the logic he wanted? Just having problem with the enum?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I may have misunderstood what he was saying. He asked how to set up a multistate input on an NDIO input, I took it to mean he was trying to do it directly in the input and facet setup.

My example only accounts for four states, he sounds like he is using a supervised circuit for the 5 state of 15K ohm. It would'nt be a big deal to add the 5th state.

Numeric to Enum

AutoPilot
    There is a conversion in kitcontrol that is StatusNumeric to StatusEnum.
    Set your linear up and link it to this conversion, drop an enum writable down and link it. Set the facets on the writable. You will have to build logic to get this done.
    willf650 example can be smithed to what you need. I would do this in a program and through one more in the mix (nan).

GregF

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    I thought he had the logic he wanted? Just having problem with the enum?
    Thanks Freddy-B
    I see from your screen capture that your using a enumwritable!
    I was trying to just use an enumpoint... I think the enumwritable will allow me to manipulate the text the way I need.

You Guys Rock!!
    Thanks Again
    Auto
    In case of malfunction-Reconnect brain BEFORE starting mouth.