Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cvhe 032g

at what pressure does the condenser limit come on and what pressure does it trip at? Anyone have an idea of the algorithm that controls capacity on the unit?
    Another question, why put a rupture disc in the equipment? Is this NOT a pressure vessel? I know with r-11 there is no need for it to get up to 14-15 psi.

You need to do a simple noncondensables test.

You have all you need on the machine if it has CH531.
    Have the machine off look at your evap. pres. reading under ref. pres. This will be a conversion off of the temp. sensor.
    Now compare it to the oil discharge and oil sump pres. transducers.
    This will tell you if you have nocondensables in machine.

The purge should be set to on. Not auto or adaptive. You can then check your purge rate.(if the room is cold or cold water in the machine be sure to set the low liq. temp. setting around 45)

I am unsure of your question related to the rupture disk. It is on the low side and protects the vessels just like any releif device.

The hi pres. sw. it adjustable and should trip just under 15 psi. cond. pres.

through the interface it looks as though i cant get the pressure readings. the building manager said trane always hooked their laptop to check into the unit.
    the panel says CH531

ch531 is the retrofit for the ch530 panel.

It should have a dynaview on the control panel door.
    There is a cheaper version of the dynaview(i can't remember the name at the moment) but I have never seen it on a centrvac.

Do you have the Dynaview human interface? If so there is little need for the techview software unless you are binding lids.

Quote Originally Posted by HvAckid82 View Post
    through the interface it looks as though i cant get the pressure readings. the building manager said trane always hooked their laptop to check into the unit.
    the panel says CH531
    check your email

Do what Triggerhappy suggested for testing for non condensibles. If they don't match up then answer these questions.

the purge runs all of the time, there is a leak and we will be heading there sometime soon to hunt for it. Thanks for the replies and the local train office did the overhaul.
    So is the purge set to "ON" ? if so is it pumping out or in alarm? how many pumpout minutes in the last 24hrs? Is the purge refrigeration circuit working and is the expansion valve iced up?

Also how did you pressurize the machine and at what pressure did you preform a leak check ?

I pressure checked the chiller and I got the pressure up to 8 psi on both sides. The pure suction line was iced up. I didn't check into the purge because it was time to clean up. I will be going back next week.
    Trigger thanks for the info. The panel says CH531 but there is a manual in the door just like PDF you sent me with CH530....Does this make sense? When I was on site I tried to navigate through the screen to find pressures and no luck. I found EWT for both Evap and Cond and line amperage along with the condenser limit. You can go into different screens and they only have a few options. A few reset temps and thats it. Thanks guys.

Do I have to be the first one to say this, Dude, pick up a book and read.Why do you think it needs a rupture disc, what happens if the pressure in that vessel gets upto 30#'s when it is rated at 15#.

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    Do I have to be the first one to say this, Dude, pick up a book and read.Why do you think it needs a rupture disc, what happens if the pressure in that vessel gets upto 30#'s when it is rated at 15#.
    i was kinda thinking the same thing but i decided to let everyone else go first. i find it difficult to believe that nobody flamed him for the rupture disk question.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

I am sure I will get flamed Jayguy but oh well. I just don't understand the logic on this board, here we have a chiller forum and clearly this guy does not have a clue what he is doing, yet people have no problem offering up advice, bulletins, manuals etc.While were at it, why don't we just post a you tube video with step by step instructions on overhauls so we can lower our wages to residential levels. I have no problem offering advice to someone who knows what he is doing, you guys have no idea if MA&PA AC, plumbing,electrical , roofing and landscaping just took this contract over from a chiller shop because of low bid. Sorry if I sound like a dick but go apprentice with a shop that works on chillers, by the sound of yours, it clearly doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed Jayguy but oh well. I just don't understand the logic on this board, here we have a chiller forum and clearly this guy does not have a clue what he is doing, yet people have no problem offering up advice, bulletins, manuals etc.While were at it, why don't we just post a you tube video with step by step instructions on overhauls so we can lower our wages to residential levels. I have no problem offering advice to someone who knows what he is doing, you guys have no idea if MA&PA AC, plumbing,electrical , roofing and landscaping just took this contract over from a chiller shop because of low bid. Sorry if I sound like a dick but go apprentice with a shop that works on chillers, by the sound of yours, it clearly doesn't.
    He was sent no information on my part that could not be gotten directly off of Trane.com.

If our local Trane office has lost this contract........I don't know, but we always get them back.....and the price goes up.

Our office also beleives in our service people helping contractors and customers with training.

In fact we sell that service.

I have never worked with an r-11 machine which I stated before. All of the equipment we work on is high pressure this unit is out of the norm for us. So I apologize if I have offended some of you and I thank those who have responded.

I have never worked with an r-11 machine which I stated before. All of the equipment we work on is high pressure this unit is out of the norm for us. So I apologize if I have offended some of you and I thank those who have responded.
    Hey man, you don't have to apologize. You don't know, you're trying to get answsers. My question to you is, are there not any more experienced guys @ your office to give you hand w/ this? Or did you get thrown to the wolves? Why can't your office support you? At least your asking the questions.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast