Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cvhe 032g

I am not personally attacking you but please tell us you are working with someone that knows chillers and knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    I am not personally attacking you but please tell us you are working with someone that knows chillers and knows what they are doing.
    It not only sounded like you were attacking him.

It sounds like you were attacking everyone on the forum that was trying to help him also.

In your opinion just what exactly qualifies someone to get help on this forum?

I will be getting a hand from another tech who normally deals with low pressure equipment but he is out for the next week or so (just had a baby). Like I said I only work with high pressure chillers so I am not accustomed to the purge units and having to look for leaks at such low pressures. I understand the rupture disc but my question was vague but I was just typing what came in my head. But I will admit some of these questions are questions that will be answered in the IOM but I was only reading the parts that I needed right away. I will read the rest over the weekend.
    But one thing, I am not is a hack and I would really like to think that the guys who joined this site and continue to take part are men or women who want to be better or be the best. Most people I have met in this trade do not try to further their knowledge unless they are being paid.
    So I have some reading to do.

What qualifies someone to get help, maybe someone who works for a company that has 20K worth of low pressure recovery equipment like the big shops have, and maybe the licensing, insurance etc that the big shops have to carry.I guess a guy needs to use his own judgement before giving advice. I spent 5 years in an apprenticeship learning, so I don't give advice away to every person who can underbid good shops.

Checked liquid line for non-condensibles or (subcooling) Software why ???

What qualifies someone to get help, maybe someone who works for a company that has 20K worth of low pressure recovery equipment like the big shops have, and maybe the licensing, insurance etc that the big shops have to carry.I guess a guy needs to use his own judgement before giving advice. I spent 5 years in an apprenticeship learning, so I don't give advice away to every person who can underbid good shops.
    Well I guess it is lucky for alot of people on here that you do not set the rules.

Being new to the board and feeling everything out still as this thread progressed it was crystal clear he did not know what he was doing. I was beginning to question my own ethics about giving advice but still did. I joined the site because I got laided off 8 weeks ago this helps pass the time and I have always enjoyed helping others. What is happening here is one big reason why I am on unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by HvAckid82 View Post
    I have never worked with an r-11 machine which I stated before. All of the equipment we work on is high pressure this unit is out of the norm for us. So I apologize if I have offended some of you and I thank those who have responded.
    Hey Kid,

Like the other guy said you don't have to apologize for anthing. You have my email and I have the world at my fingertips.(at a blazing 60 wpm)

And if that doesn't work and you are not to far away I'll come up and fix the d@#$ thing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    Hey Kid,

Like the other guy said you don't have to apologize for anthing.
    No he does not and I am not faulting him either, all he wants to do is learn and there is nothing wrong with that. Where has his supervisor/foreman been over the last month since this thread started? He should be out at the job working with and teaching him about purge units, rupture discs and how to check for non condensibles. It's just a case of his company biting off more than they can chew with a little 300 ton chiller. If they want to get into higher tonnage work then they need to commit and invest in all the necessary tools, equipment and training to do it right. Then that may level the playing field a bit. It's just the nature of the beast these days if a customer can save $30-$40/hrs now they are going to do it.

The real sad part about this that we all know customers pick up real quickly if someone new knows what they are doing or not. Sometimes things like that get around and can give a good mechanic a bum wrap. He just has to make sure he does not take the fall. What he going to do if an emergencey call comes in during the summer and the building is hot? Wait for help to come via this site. There is nothing worse when your company hangs you out to dry and does not give you the educational info, training, support and proper tools to do the job, and the customer is looking at you like you have two heads.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    Hey Kid,

Like the other guy said you don't have to apologize for anthing. You have my email and I have the world at my fingertips.(at a blazing 60 wpm)

And if that doesn't work and you are not to far away I'll come up and fix the d@#$ thing for you.
    Just have a P.O. ready.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123