Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: copeland

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by oly
    Dice and Bowman, have it, replace the powerhead, I would presume the compressor is cycling on the l/p control. I have not yet seen a txv fail, just the power head..Oh, great this is going to bite me in the @ss....
    There are no bad TXVs, just bad elements and mistaken technicians.

This doesn't apply in only a few instances, such as TXVs that have permanent power elements.
    Hem057 , if there is nothing for the comp. to pump, how could the head pressure go up. The system probably has more than enough room to park all the refrigerant in the condenser.

Dave as usual is right on.Powerhead or I bet you gots alot of gummy garbage , or my favorite word for invoicing "debris" in there.

No bad TXVs just misunderstood.

Originally posted by oly
    Dice and Bowman, have it, replace the powerhead, I would presume the compressor is cycling on the l/p control. I have not yet seen a txv fail, just the power head..Oh, great this is going to bite me in the @ss....

This doesn't apply in only a few instances, such as TXVs that have permanent power elements.
    Dave, what about when a tech has turned the adjustment stem so far it has snaped the clip ring? Does not that make the valve no longer workable?

hem075
    a lot of people have given you sugesstions
    what's your status, any response
    what have you found

R-12 to me that makes the tech no longer workable.

The Sporlan TXV has got to be one of the most reliable devices in refrigeration. Not perfect but close.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by R12rules
    Originally posted by oly

Dave, what about when a tech has turned the adjustment stem so far it has snaped the clip ring? Does not that make the valve no longer workable?
    That would fall under "mistaken technician", or more appropriately, "ignorant gorilla".

Why? You got something you want to tell us?

You mean you're not carrying a Sporlan snap ring assortment in your truck???

Actually, the bottom cap on the "G" bodies, at least, I believe, are still available as a replacement part.

Andy might be able to answer that...

I used to carry a couple spares.

BTW. No such assortment, I was busting on you.

copeland compressor with low suction.

you are bound to find a cpr valve on that hussman that is not openning propely.

if the power element is broken (lost charge) the tx closes off, system will go into a vacuum and stay there. Must still know if a cpr is in the unit. If no cpr troubleshoot metering device, if there is a cpr I bet it is the culprit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12