Temco Fireplace info, phone #?
    Anyone have a # for Temco? Looking for a conversion kit, searching the web right now. Thanks Chad

M#CDV42A S#098016 the real problem is the conversion kit I have says the pilot hood is spose to pull straight off, nope. This sucker is a differant design. Wondering how to get the pilot orifice out, I can see the allen screw in there, but the picture they have of the hood assy, with a spring holding it on, is differant.

Thanks, Chad
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

TEMCO BEEN BOUGHT IT IS NOW CFM TEMCO # 1-800-753-7736 BE READY TO SPEND SOME TIME ON HOLD, THE LAST TIME I CALLED THEY WERE STILL IN THE CONVERSION PROCESS SO IFNO WAS A LITTLE SLOW IF IT IS OLDER UNIT MAY TAKE A LITTLE WHILE FOR THEM TO RESEARCH

GARY
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

<<M#CDV42A S#098016 the real problem is the conversion kit I have says the pilot hood is spose to pull straight off, nope. This sucker is a differant design. Wondering how to get the pilot orifice out, I can see the allen screw in there, but the picture they have of the hood assy, with a spring holding it on, is differant.

Thanks, Chad
    >>

I've never seen a pilot burner with a removeable hood on it. Generally, pilot orifice are removed by loosening a nut that secures a compression fitting on the bottom of the pilot burner.

Also, a fairly high percentage of the time, you can do a passable job of cleaning a pilot burner by shooting compressed air or "canned" air into the pilot burner.

Seattle Pioneer

Thanks for the info SP!

I remember some Temco wall heaters, real low and long. That company was bought by Martin who, within the last 1-1/2-2 years has quit the residential heater and fireplace business. Was trying to get a blower for a Martin and finally found that they had quit the residential to "concentrate on thier commercial offerings". Robertshaw makes a lot of different pilot assemblies as well as Johnson Controls and if you can find someone who sells that stuff, you should be able to replace the old one with something that will do the job just as good as the original.

Chad,

I have had the same experience you are. Is new pilot orifice a hood or a reverse plug orifice(w/ hex hole for allen wrench? If it is a hood they are changed as Seattle stated. The reverse plug orifce does change by pulling off the "snap cap" and inserting an allen wrench.

If your conversion kit says that you should "snap off the hood" and your hood doesn't, you have the wrong conversion kit. Sounds like your pilot is an older style and your conversion is newer. The "snap off hood" is fairly new and still rather rare. Great idea that will eventually catch on. I actually have one on the truck in my "might need it one day to replace one at 2 AM" box.

BTW, Martin didn't quit residential. They were bought by Monessen Hearth Products.

The Gasman

sorry...deleted dual post

[Edited by thegasman on 03-31-2004 at 10:49 PM]

You got it figured out bud. I ended up ordering a complete new assy and just put it all in there. That pilot setup is really nice, I ended up using it on an Empire fireplace (see my other thread) to fix a troublesome fireplace this week.

<<Chad,

I have had the same experience you are. Is new pilot orifice a hood or a reverse plug orifice(w/ hex hole for allen wrench? If it is a hood they are changed as Seattle stated. The reverse plug orifce does change by pulling off the "snap cap" and inserting an allen wrench.
    >>

I haven't encountered this style of pilot burner.

Can someone give an additional description of what it looks like and the advantages?

Does this allow you to avoid disassembling the pilot from below, permitting you to loosen the pilot hood with an allen wrench and then claen the pilot hood and pilot orifice from the top?

I'm trying to imagine this arrangement....

Seattle Pioneer

Yes Seattle,

It's exactly as you described, except the orifice is more of an insert/plug instead of a hood. Think Heat-N-Glo style four point pilot that comes apart in the middle. They are indeed very convenient. I will try to take pix of the extra one I have and post them by next week end.

the gasman

BTW...just got back from the NPGA Southeastern Convention in Atlanta this evening.....some new, really nice stuff.