Reach In Cooler BTU Info

I am trying to calculate the cooling load of a small convenience store that has 5-two door reach in coolers, 2 small reach in freezers, and around 5 different types of food warmers in about a 600 square foot space. What type of formula should I use on these. If the coolers are capable of cooling up to 7000 btu's, would it be safe to assume they will be putting off the same amount of btu's in the form of heat back into the room?

Thanks, Travis
    "Dedicated to providing the highest quality and customer satisfaction"

The best way is to think about it as Energy In = Energy Out.

Just take the rated input Watts x 3.415 and you'll have Btu/Hr.

If you don't have the rated watts, you can approximate it by multiplying the input voltage by the rated amperage. (P = I x E)

Thanks icemeister,

That's exactly what I did, I went back to the store and looked at the amperage rating located on the inside of each cooler and warmer then multiplied by the voltage (115), then mutiplied again by 3.415. This 600 sq ft. area has a total of five reach in coolers, two reach in freezers, and several wamers of various sorts. The total btu's came up to a little over 50,000. So, combined with the rest of the building, it is calling for 7.5 tons of cooling. I don't really think the customer of this little country store is going to want to spend the $$$ for a 7.5 ton commercial unit.

Do you think a 5 ton will do the job the majority of the time? I will need to explain this to the owner.

All the other companies that are bidding are not doing heat loads, just rule of thumb, and some are bidding 4 ton, some 5 ton.
    "Dedicated to providing the highest quality and customer satisfaction"