Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier

Carrier

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the correct forum or if it should be in the "jobs discussion"

I have a chance to go work for Carrier. I have always wanted more exp. on Chillers, and larger equipment. I do have a great job now, but i believe Carrier will be a great job aswell

I have been trying real hard to find out more about working at Carrier but no one around here(in town) knows anything. Im asking any of the guys that work for Carrier or have worked for them or even anyone knowing anything about them, if they have had good expierences or not?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Carrier is currently looking for a few good men all over the nation - It has to do with a big deal that just went down in California
    "Rock-n-Roll " Ain't noise pollution..

what went down in California?

Better ask for top dollar b4 u get hired because corporate doesnt pay well after ur at the company. Where I werk guys bull$hit management into gettin top dollar and turns out they dont know jack. Experienced guys who know what there doing ask for raises & get .25 to .50 cents-I kid u not. Thats why we lose guys all th time.

as far as experience- with the manufacturer u get top notch experience. Just dont get stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    what went down in California?
    Yeah i`m kinda curious as to what`s goimg on in Kali too.I think we all know it`s gonna fall in the Pacific sooner or later.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

We get good support from the Seattle office when we need it.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

I'm assuming you're going to work as a technician. Carrier is union all over the country so that will pretty much set your pay, although you can negatiate bennys over and above the contract.
    I've worked there for over 30 years. Left once and came back after three months. Service support from engineering side has always been good there. The work environment is pretty much dependent on whether the branch manager is an a%*hole. My advice would be to talk to some other techs who work there.
    Remember the grass is always greener on the other side because there's more bullcrap over there.

What pop says.

I have several old friends who always ended up back at Carrier when the other guys would lure them away, and the honeymoon came to an end.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

This is going down in California....

http://www.corp.carrier.com/www/v/in...00cb890b80RCRD

Quote Originally Posted by NWMech View Post
    This is going down in California....

http://www.corp.carrier.com/www/v/in...00cb890b80RCRD
    Pretty much the same thing they did here in DFW but it`s called Watsco. But it had no bearing on 25 tons and up still go to the BSS office . Had no impact on the technicians since we don`t do much residential.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thanks for the help guys.... if anyone has more insight on this let me know

Thanks

I'm curious about Carrier, too. It seems like Carrier is losing their market share in my city. My friends who work there describe an environment of perpetual turmoil and change. Their top sales guy here recently left after 20-some years for a gig with a non-union contractor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast