Wondaire radiant heater

I was wondering if anyones heard of Wondaire. I worked in a ceiling hung infrared radiant heater (or core-evac whichever you prefer) today and that was the manufactuer. I have never heard of them, have no idea where to get parts, and cant find any info on them online. Anything helps. THANKS!

I found a little bit of information about Wondaire - and I doubt you will find any parts.
    Looks like they were heating appliances manufactured by the Cox Mfg Co, of Ridgeville, Indiana.

I can find two references to Wondaire heaters, one in this newsletter:
    Pipeline Newsletter

And one more on this website:
    Cox Mobile Pool Heating

From the article, I dont think you'll be able to buy any parts -
    Cox was bought out by Mestek, inc of Westfield, Massachusetts on July 12, 1995 for $500,000 Buyout Info. The owner bought a boat, then moved to florida, sold the boat, and started the pool heating business.

From what I can tell, Mestek never made the Wondaire heaters after they bought out Cox. They do still make radiant heaters, under the Sterling brand.

So - thats everything I could find on them. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info p38fln! Interesting your from Suptown! Me too!

hope you're enjoying the nice cold weather! Bet you're busy

Yeah its been busy. Ive lived up here my whole life and am well prepared every day so the cold aint so bad. We just started doing residential too so at least im not outside all day.

Cox Manufacturing & Wondaire Heating Repair Parts

Let me know if you still need assistance with the repair of the Wondaire heating system.

Depending on the severity of the needed repairs and parts, we might be able to help you out.

BCox

Quote Originally Posted by p38fln View Post
    I found a little bit of information about Wondaire - and I doubt you will find any parts.
    Looks like they were heating appliances manufactured by the Cox Mfg Co, of Ridgeville, Indiana.

I can find two references to Wondaire heaters, one in this newsletter:
    Pipeline Newsletter

And one more on this website:
    Cox Mobile Pool Heating

From the article, I dont think you'll be able to buy any parts -
    Cox was bought out by Mestek, inc of Westfield, Massachusetts on July 12, 1995 for $500,000 Buyout Info. The owner bought a boat, then moved to florida, sold the boat, and started the pool heating business.

From what I can tell, Mestek never made the Wondaire heaters after they bought out Cox. They do still make radiant heaters, under the Sterling brand.

So - thats everything I could find on them. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info. I was able to get her going with a Honeywell universal gas valve and ignition module. The J/C valve/module in one deal is no longer made. I will definatley keep this in mind if I ever see one ( a Wondaire) again.

CoxB or dave1234, we are a manufacturing plant in Wisconsin and have several of these old Wondair Radiant heaters around the shop. Over the years we have replaced them in different areas so we have a lot of decommissioned units around.

Do either of you offer servicing. We would take three or four down and if you can get them running or if you can patch together one out of several others it might be a good deal for us. Post here or send me your contact information and I will get in touch. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gear19 View Post
    CoxB or dave1234, we are a manufacturing plant in Wisconsin and have several of these old Wondair Radiant heaters around the shop. Over the years we have replaced them in different areas so we have a lot of decommissioned units around.

Do either of you offer servicing. We would take three or four down and if you can get them running or if you can patch together one out of several others it might be a good deal for us. Post here or send me your contact information and I will get in touch. Thanks!
    Where in WI? There not cracked are they?

We actually have one of these things in service here in Anchorage Alaska!! My dispatcher just took a service call to go troubleshoot a no heat on one. I think the trip to Alaska may have paid off after all??
    """He became an instrument-rated pilot and was flying all over North America, the lower 48 states, Canada and Alaska working with his reps putting on trade shows and conducting seminars for the distributors and dealers."""
    it was a fun article to read.

Dear CoxB, I am working on a WOndair unit< I see that you may have some information on them? If so could you e-mail me at Email Address Removed Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-24-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Quote Originally Posted by sshulawsr2 View Post
    Dear CoxB, I am working on a WOndair unit< I see that you may have some information on them? If so could you e-mail me at Email Address Removed Thanks Steve
    Steve,

Email addresses belong in your profile, NOT in your post. If you were to look at his/there profile you might just find his contact information.

Site rules in my signature

tchntch,

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.