munchkin boiler problem

went on a no heat for a builder i know. got a model 140 m asme serial jo8j2508.showing a F09 diagnostic code."this code will occur if the munchkin control does not detect a flame."checked for flu blockage,and condensate blocks. .after resetting the controller,the unit did a nice little"blooie" and scared the heck out of me.then i removed the burner and ..1 inspected the burner,which was clear,and cleaned the coils.the peice of material directly in front of the burner(6-8 disc of some type of material) was deteriorated on the bottom to the point that is was like mush)water was flowing freely thru the drain after cleaning the coil. put it back together to see if it would work and again got a nice little boom.spark electrode seems to be in good condition and does spark normal,but for some reason its loading up and not ignighting properly.possibly somehow out of alignment? any help appreciated. buy the way,furnace from my last post had a big ol hole in one of the tubes.thanks mick

How old is the boiler ? when was the last service / cleaning ?
    In the manual it tells you how to use the control to read the flame sensing while it's operating to see if the flame rectification is proper.
    Had a bad burner cone connection to the face of the front panel that created alot of intermittant issues last month, all showing as F09.
    luck dan

heres what i found. yes the drain was clogged.the "target wall"(disc that was deteriorated,one in front and one on burner cover)had gotten wet.almost halfway up to the burner.the spark was going to ground at the burner cover instead of the electrode gap.hence filling up wih gas and "boom"also replacing th gasket that you mentioned,cause found that that could be an issue also.. aint service fun?? thanks.mick