Homeowner says, he thinks its time to replace. Got us out of the phonebook. I come out to give bid and my jaw hits the floor, I said I need to get picks of this.

HO admited to rigging the vent and rigging the ducts. There was tons of airleaks and copper gas line was kinked and bent back into shape using some channel locks (said the HO). There was a old evap coil sitting to the side and a drain pan on top of the plenum. Guess someone was too hot and tired to bother to take them out.

I will post the after pictures in the wall of pride forum later tonight.

Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of
    high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and
    skillful execution; It represents the wise choice of many
    alternatives."

Whats wrong with that system? Maybe he's just mad cause his jeans are dirty..
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

CO-OP ADVERTISING

Phone book you say?

You know, I guess I'm going to sacrifice uniforms from my CO_OP account, go back to wearing jeans like you guys did, so I can increase my percentages of slam dunk jobs I acquire like this.

Phone book...unreal...and they say the yellow pages are a waste..............LOL

This guy looks like the poster child for the RED-GREEN show.
    "It's broke again? Get me the dorktape I mean duct-tape."

Is that a bunge' cord on the supply (last picture). Thats great!
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

HA HA ....LOL!

Boy...I love that flue pipe braceing!.....not to mention the lovely Shure-tape 90!

I'm gettin itchy just looking at all that fiberglass.
    R2B4BTU

Looks like an old lennox unit, Dave would be so proud. I do all of my companys blower door testing but on this job I could just stick a fan in the door and feel the breeze.

I just puked...
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Exclamation Does this thing have a draft hood?

Hey guys, just ran across another lennox like the one in the pictures while I was adding plastic floor cover to a neighbors crawlspace. The furnace has the vent pipe attached to the front. Just like in the picture, there is no hood. The thing that really caught my eye was the other side - the opening directly across the furnace on the other side was just wide open! I don't know alot about these furnaces, but it seems VERY wrong to me to be able to just look in the back of the furnace and see directly in to the flue pipe from the other side and the top of the heat exchanger. It looks as though there should be some kind of draft hood on the back? Maybe a blank cover? Maybe just open? Please advise... It looks like this thing has been this way for a while, if it's dangerous, I'll make sure she gets it fixed.

Thanks