Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KOLD DRAFT

Hi
    I used to work on 5 of their 650 lb, stacked 4 high at a truck stop once. I really enjoyed working on them, as they were a challenge. I always thought they were fascinating the way they worked. I usually managed to get them going, but being as they were 15 years old, it was tough at times. I even designed a replacement for the Water level sensing device using metal probes instead of thermistors. They just replaced four of them this last year. 20+ years of service, I still have some parts laying around. (I'm not in anyway connected to the company). Just babbling.
    Max

I broke into this business 30+ years ago working on Koldraft IM's. They were without a doubt, the best IM's for poor water conditions. They went south when they changed from the old Penn weight switch to electronics and thermistors. I hope they do well and actually have recommended to a few of my dealers to pick up the line.

Worked on many KD's in my day. They were eclipsed by the more practical Mani design. The only thing KD had going for itself was the endurance of the SS evap plate where the Mani has the cheap nickel plated. Hoshi capitalized on that with SS evaps. This is like evolution: Survival of the fittest. If the new KD is just a revival of the old; I will stick with Hoshi.

Does KOLD DRAFT have any dealer suppliers in Arizona or Nevada !!!!
    "Rock-n-Roll " Ain't noise pollution..

Confused Drefrig I/M

We installed two KD GB1064RS six month ago and have had problems ever sence. It been one problem after another. Manufacture came down and replaced the board and we continue to have problems. We replaced micro switches,probes,water resevoir,adjustment, wires,and hoses all this under warranty. KD continues to go off on error codes has some one have similar problems?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12