+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier 30gxn

Post Likes
    What was the outcome on this job? When you cycled power did all the boards go un-powered or just a few ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_87 View Post
    Compressors not disabled. Thats what i thought it should run according what i'm looking at but it won't. It might be something simple or i'm over looking, but i've been over this machine tooooo many times today. A fresh start in the morning. According to the navigator info it should run. oh i did cycle power a few times
    Hi Dave , I have a customer with one of these and the confort link should have a history of faults section that you can read .The panel cover only has a few fault codes you really need the full paper manual to find all the code listings . When you cycle the power are you waiting at least the minimum one minute before turing it back on?

Post Likes
    Sorry it took so long to answer back. Since carrier made their new change its hard to get good tech support. After going thru all configs, they agreed the unit showed to be running. So i had Carrier come down and reinstalled newer software to MBB. The unit came up and ran. Thought all my problems were solved----not. But after installing new software we noticed B circuit had a discharge sensor reading wrong. Ordered a sensor. two days later the chiller wouldn't shut down at setpoint everytime, going out on freeze protection alarm. If it did shut down normal it would not come back on. Only thing i noticed was the EWT and the LWT sensors not reading the same by 1*. Called carrier they didn't get back with me. So i changed those sensors and discharge sensor. Chiller is running great now. I never seen a seen sensor as it got colder the more it read wrong. Learned alot on this one. Oh i did call Carrier and told them what i found. I thought it was a good one for anyones notes.

Thanks for everyone's input

Post Likes
    reminds me of a 30gx i posted about awhile back , processor scrambling oil differential readings , electronics are great , but have to be made well , unfortunately i see the opposite happening , regards stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_87 View Post
    Sorry it took so long to answer back. Since carrier made their new change its hard to get good tech support. After going thru all configs, they agreed the unit showed to be running. So i had Carrier come down and reinstalled newer software to MBB. The unit came up and ran. Thought all my problems were solved----not. But after installing new software we noticed B circuit had a discharge sensor reading wrong. Ordered a sensor. two days later the chiller wouldn't shut down at setpoint everytime, going out on freeze protection alarm. If it did shut down normal it would not come back on. Only thing i noticed was the EWT and the LWT sensors not reading the same by 1*. Called carrier they didn't get back with me. So i changed those sensors and discharge sensor. Chiller is running great now. I never seen a seen sensor as it got colder the more it read wrong. Learned alot on this one. Oh i did call Carrier and told them what i found. I thought it was a good one for anyones notes.

Thanks for everyone's input
    So your control voltage is coming from a seperate source. I should have asked for the serial number . Well it`s always better to get the software upgrade anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in