Thread: Replacement Thermostats for Carrier Model 58GFA

Post Likes

Replacement Thermostats for Carrier Model 58GFA

I have two Carrier gas furnaces, Model 58GFA's, with two outdoor units (AC compressors?). The systems each have an old Honeywell manual thermostat that I want to replace with prgrammables. I bought the LUX TX 1500 from Home Depot which says that it can be used with most 24 volt gas, oil, or electirc heating and AC systems, single stage heat pumps or gas millivolt heating systems. Before I go trying to install them, I'd like to know whether they are compatible with my systems. I think the Carrier furnaces are 24 volt, but I don't know if they have single stage heat pumps or gas millivolt heat. Any input would be welcome.

bnort3

Post Likes
    depending on the mod of furns and the new stats u got, it would be wise to get a tech to do this for you and at the same time check out your heating systems,not saying u could not do it , things can get kinda expensive when wrong wiring is done!

Post Likes
    One mistake can be very costly.

Call a Pro.

Post Likes

I think I will heed your advice

Buford and Pecmsg, thanks for the advice. I'm a fairly competent DIY'r but this stuff is beyond greek to me. That's one job off the honeydew list!!

Post Likes
    Just tell the wife you tried. The games start in 1 hour.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in