Hybrid View

TB7220 CommercialPRO™

Is this a decent programmable thermostat?
    I want to use it to control three furnaces -
    A waste oil furnace that is almost free to operate for stage one
    and then wire two natural gas furnaces to stage two.

Just for kicks, I want to hook up the fan in the gas furnaces and the economizers for hot weather. Dont really care if that part doesn't work, just one of those "oh it would be cool" things.

Right now, each furnace is controlled by a seperate mechanical thermostat, and the economizers are controlled by a low-voltage toggle switch on the wall.

I know no one can tell me HOW to do this because of the DIY rule, but I'm really curious about if this particular thermostat has a good or a bad reputation.

These thermostats worked perfectly for what I was trying to do. I had a bit of a relay nightmare at the end due to having different physical furnaces, but the job got done. Even went to RadioShack and got a 24 VAC transformer so we could have the backlight constantly lit and never worry about batteries.

Now the fun question -
    How on earth does the recovery ramp rate work? I can change the degrees per hour, but I dont know what it does. Is that a target for the thermostat (like - turn on stage two if the rate is slower than this) or is it information (this is how fast stage 1 can recover)? I just left it at the default of 5 F per hour and it seems to get the job done. I just hate not knowing how it works.

Anyone know?