Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: METAPHORS

Hybrid View

METAPHORS

Here are some of my favorite metaphors I've heard over the years. Don't piss on my back and call it rain. Throwing someone under the bus. Your putting the carriage before the horse Reinventing the wheel A day late and a dollar short. One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel I'd like to hear some new ones if you got'em

slicker than duct tape on a lugey

Talking Metaphors

"Thats Slicker that snot on a doorknob", if someone doesn't get what your saying "Well that just ran off of em like water off a ducks back", if someone is doin something so messed up "that looks like a monkey doing a football","he's slower than the 7 year itch", "what ya waitin fer Christmas", "Dummer than a box a rocks", "if brains were Dynamite that boy wouldn't have enough to blow his nose", "I was born in the dark but it wasn't last nite","when they was handing out brains that boy thought they said trains an ran an hid",Well he just put in his 2 cents and it weren't worth a plug nickel", "did you vote" or... "Let me guess you voted for O'bama Rite", "Look at that hair he looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket", "Oh you wa s thinkin...I thought I smelt smoke", "he's full of it as a christmas turkey"

when somebody is hittin somethin with a hammer and they need to hit it harder u say what the hell you doin buildin shoes

Its rainin like a cow pissin on a flat rock

Some that my boss has used...

Thats Handier than a pocket on a shirt
    Slicker than a skeeters peter
    Slicker than a school moms leg

-As worthless as a two-peckered billy goat
    -Finer than frogs hair
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

That'll go over like a turd in a punchbowl

A few fries short of a happy meal, for someone not completely there in the mind. When I was farming, I was at a the local repair shop one day discussing a distant friend who farmed that went off his rocker one day and took his 100 hp tractor out ramming electrical poles until they fell over; I stated he had stipped a few gears and the mechanic said he had taken the clutch out besides. Beating a dead horse, lost cause. Not running on clean air. Just a few.

If it doesn't get better, at least it'll get different!

story of my life... always happening
    quit reading my mind!... someone said the same line I was thinking.
    stupid as a box of rocks.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Its better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Looks like your up an unsanitary tributary with no visable means of locomotion..

Just heard this one on tv... "more fakes than a new york handbag salesman"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast