Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Convention

Post Likes
    Sounds like fun, and I will see about coming. What kind of fishing are we doing? and what goes on at the convention? Is there any training, trade show kind of thing?
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    Sounds like fun, and I will see about coming. What kind of fishing are we doing? and what goes on at the convention? Is there any training, trade show kind of thing?

NO it is not like a trade show !! It is a bunch of friends new and old that get together for a long weekend ,in a different city each year AND PARTY ALL WEEKEND !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Hey nice job Paul and Vicki !!! Looks like you got this organized pretty well---and EARLY!

We have been away all of February. So this is the first I had a chance to respond.

The War Department and I have been to every convention so far as well. It bummed me out that we had to leave Canada early last August. But it looks like it will be clear sailing for us this year. Maybe we can stay the few extra days as well. (Being that we have an Indian Scout in the area!!)

To those that have never been all I can say is GO !!! All you need to know is how to spell refrickeratshun-- refregaratorion--reforgotartion -- an you'll fit right in. .

Don't be afraid to bring your Lady. The other wifes and girlfriends will take her right under their wings and they have as good if not better a time than the guys. (if that is possible)

The best part is that you are going to the convention in someone's hometown. So that means you get to see a spot in the world that you probably won't think of going without a reason. Like this year. Sounds like Paul has everything set up. Therefore there is no questions about what you are going to do when we get there.

One question of Paul. How come 2 motels? Is one the main one and the other the overflow one?? If so which one will be the main one. THE REASON I ASK IS THAT I DON'T WANT TO MISS THE FRIDAY NIGHT 'PARKING LOT PARTY'

At the time of posting neither motel would give us a rate before April 2010, so it’s still up in the air.

The Silver Sands is a nice hotel located on Southold Bay 1950’s style rooms. The problem is they reserve rooms for there past guests and we couldn’t get a guarantee of 15 or 20 rooms. We’ll know more in a few weeks.

The Sunset is located on Long Island Sound; if the Silver Sands can’t take everyone then this is the back up.

We’ll updated soon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    Once you go to the first you’ll keep coming back.

Fishing in August: Fluke / Summer Flounder (if NYS DEC doesn’t close the season), Blue fish, Stripe Bass / Rock Fish for certain members, Snappers / baby Blues (the kids like these), Porgies etc.

Training: How to open a beer at 8AM with Grace and Dignity 101?
    How to be a Gruppy old bastard in 2 short days and 3 long nights! Final exam given Monday
    The Trade Shows are in the evening, bring your waders the BS gets DEEP.

All kidding aside, I guarantee you’ll get a good understanding of how diverse our industry is and meet some of the best and brightest techs out there, and as Jerry said bring the better half they have fun also.

Post Likes
    who's boat do I get the pleasure of driving? I will be using the Navigation system Brad has. I will keep it between the buoy's

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    who's boat do I get the pleasure of driving? I will be using the Navigation system Brad has. I will keep it between the buoy's
    The 12’ inflatable.

I thought you were buying a camper for this trip?

Post Likes
    A 12' inflattable? WOW! That's nearly 3 times as big as Dolly.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    The 12’ inflatable.

I thought you were buying a camper for this trip?
    we have decided that a deck and more landscaping is our focus this year. I can not do both. As I was telling you we were looking at a camper this spring but were gonna wait until we can pay cash. I am trying to stay away from payments. Some great deals out there right now. All I can do is pray for a double dip recession so better deals can be had next spring. I am still sort of looking. And if the right deal came a long I would be more than happy to reach a little.

Post Likes
    HVAC-talk convention KS 2011!!!! We're getting google, so why not come here?

Post Likes
    What's with these hotels? I can't get a per night cost or even a fixed reservation from them for nightly. I couldn't figure out what it was going to cost on their website so I requested they mail me their brochure and prices and they sent me copies of what is on the website.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    There just gearing up for the season, Vicki stopped by the Sunset yesterday and will hit the Sound view today. I’ll let you know later this week.

Post Likes
    There are so many hotels in Downtown Baltimore especially close the Harbor. The hotels get more expensive the closer to the harbor. I live in Baltimore so it is nice to see the event come to town.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeaucham View Post
    There are so many hotels in Downtown Baltimore especially close the Harbor. The hotels get more expensive the closer to the harbor. I live in Baltimore so it is nice to see the event come to town.
    Then you should have been a member 5 years ago.

Post Likes
    There just gearing up for the season, Vicki stopped by the Sunset yesterday and will hit the Sound view today. I’ll let you know later this week.
    Thanks. Lisa keeps asking me for details. Unless it has to do with HVAC, I'm not a very detail oriented person.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeaucham View Post
    You may be thinking of Comfortech, which is in Baltimore again this year in September. Many of us will be there as well.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Changes have been made.

The Silver Sands Motel is out and has been replaced with the Sound View Inn http://www.soundviewinn.com/ this is the primary accommodations site, 10 rooms are reserved. The Sunset Motel will be for late bookers, 8 rooms reserved.(Both motels are the same owners and located down the street)

Please read the updated first page here:
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=472312

Post Likes
    I have 1 Futon availible in my office for overflow, LOL

I am about 45-50 minutes from pecmsg, between him and the airport.

Post Likes
    Do you take pets? Dice needs a room for his Goat on Friday. Saturday it goes to Plum Island, never to return!

Post Likes
    Do you take pets? Dice needs a room for his Goat on Friday. Saturday it goes to Plum Island, never to return!
    HA-HA, no pets here at Anderson Air, however this is a smoking room.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Those coming from the north should check out the ferry from Bridgeport to Port Jefferson: http://www.bpjferry.com/
    Hmmm..... this may be an option for us. Paul must be way out on LI then, correct?

I probably should use my computer and GPS and atlas and stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Okay I'm back from googling. The Ferry is the way google takes us to get there. That is going to be one pretty ride. Down thru Massachusetts and Conneticut across the Sound and you are there. 4 hours drive. SEE YA!!
    Last edited by Green Mountain; 04-15-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in