Need an apprentice job in Seattle. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well it looks like I am going to end up in Local Union 32, the pipe fitters I think. I got a call from their organizer.
    The have a program that works with veterans, now they just have to get an apprenticeship training position to open up and then I am the first on the list.

caddy, congrats

I could not get any local hvac companies to respond to my resume so took a job as a mechanic with low pay in the mean time to pay the bills.

I wonder why refregeration mechanics get paid the best of all the trades?

Twice been told that a refrigeration mechanic here in vancouver BC Canada starts between 11-15 per hour. I know, it sounds low but yet to verify that starting pay. Been told that after 4-5 years the refrigeration and or hvac tech after obtaining his red seal journeyman status can get paid anywhere from 39-42 dollars per hour. Those are some pretty outstanding numbers. So why is this trade paid the highest?

Anyway, started a class in physics. Kind of ironic that this class was for a different trade. I scanned though the book lo and behold, it has refrigeration diagrams and formulas in it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12