+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YT Design 'E'

Post Likes

YT Design 'E'

I'm presently tasked with the disassembly of a YT design 'E', compressor YDTH 126, to be moved to another building. The York library in the shop has been decimated.
    I have to remove the compressor from the machine for the move.
    My main question is : on the rotor scroll housing, opposite the discharge nozzle, are 2 leveling screws that are locked in with nuts, and are threaded into the scroll. There are no machined areas to reliably take a dimension. Is there a procedure for dis/re assembly? I do not have the teardown on the YDTH, have them on all the other design compressors, and this is not addressed. The info may be in publication# 160.46-N1.2 (installation of a dismantled unit)
    Also, anyone have weights? I have K3 and K1 shells, and a CU motor. Probably will seperate the rotor support from the scroll housing to cut down on the rigging weight.
    Thanks, Bob

Post Likes
    You got mail on field assembly.

There are no measurements, just use Kentucky windage and get everything square with no bolt binding before final tightening.

"E" compressor weight is 4680 lbs, roughly 2/3 of that will be rotor support and running gear. CU low voltage motor is 2800 lbs. If you happen to have a Ram motor, it will be less than 2800 lbs, but I don't have that data. It should be on the motor nameplate. Shells only weight is 12,850. Do not have individual shell weights. Evap will probably be slightly heavier, but that's just speculation.
    Last edited by klove; 01-22-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Post Likes
    Thank you Klove. By the way, this machine is replacing the OT that I posted earlier this year. Customer doesn't want to invest into a teardown. This YT is being replaced by a XRV. (yeah, I know, musical chillers)
    The avatar replaced a YT turbo modulator that was next to the YT. (any market in an obsolete drive?)

Post Likes
    You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that would buy a TM I or II, but you might stick it on Ebay - somebody might have one their lookin' for parts on. I reckon the same would hold true for a 3rd generation TM. Just not a lot of call for used gear as a general rule.

Post Likes
    Thought I had a bonanza!.........

Post Likes
    Due to the sensitive nature of the task at hand. I highly recomend using a brand new whatchamacallit right before the kanewton valve. One cant be too careful.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Due to the sensitive nature of the task at hand. I highly recomend using a brand new whatchamacallit right before the kanewton valve. One cant be too careful.
    FYI: The Kanewton valve on the 2nd generation Tm's has an electronic durculator pendulum on the output shaft that creates a collapsing hyberbolic flux field when operated in a counterclockwise orientation - that's why there's not a lot of use for used ones. Everything since 1998 has been converted to clockwise so they'll flush correctly.

Post Likes
    i think the durculator pendulum has since been replaced with a proximity sensor on the yk!

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    FYI: The Kanewton valve on the 2nd generation Tm's has an electronic durculator pendulum on the output shaft that creates a collapsing hyberbolic flux field when operated in a counterclockwise orientation - that's why there's not a lot of use for used ones. Everything since 1998 has been converted to clockwise so they'll flush correctly.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Hey. Thanks for the update . God it's good to be on top of my game. Have a great wekend gents
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in