FEC instance numbers

Is there a way to manually change point instance numbers inside an FEC? Or are you stuck with the automatically assigned numbers from CCT? TIA

The only way I know of is with the point schedule software, its just not usually recommended to change them, but I believe that it is possible with this software

OK, I just tryed it, and you can def do it with NAE point scheduler, but this is a branch-only software, so its not available, even to the ABCS venders

Anybody want to share the NAE point schedule? Email in my profile. Thanks

probably wont work on your computer anyway. there are macros that make up that software and i dont think they will work on just any computer

Do you have any insight as to where/what file I can find the instance numbers stored in? If the point schedule can do it then I should be able to modify them somewhere, the Point Schedule is just an Excel program right?

Quote Originally Posted by Under_Control View Post
    OK, I just tryed it, and you can def do it with NAE point scheduler, but this is a branch-only software, so its not available, even to the ABCS venders
    Did you actually download a FEC with the changes?

No, I didnt, I just tryed editing them with the prog. BTW JJ, the point scheduler works with SCT, it creates an import file used by the database in SCT that you download, and creates a .cav file and then you would have to use CCT to download the FEC. I am far from a point schedule guru, it is used mostly by Systems (new installs ) but I took a course on it last year, and I seemed to remember they said you COULD edit this info, but recommended you did not, and let the scheduler assign the ID automatically. Unfortunately, the course was software only, we didnt download anything to any controllers, so I cant comment on how that might work in practice, just that it is possible. I can try to find out more for you Mon, but still you need the software, otherwise its a moot point. BTW, why do you want to do this? You trying to keep duplicate IDs from forming on a BACnet job? Just wondering, maybe there is another option for you.

I want to add points to programs and control what instance numbers get assigned so I can keep things standard. If I add the same point to two different programs they are likely to get assigned different numbers. Is it really that hard to allow the automatically assigned number to be changed and have a utility that pops up a warning if you change it to a number already used?

Well. on a BACnet job, I believe you NEED different BACnet IDs in order to keep info from being mis-directed. I know of a situation where, on 2 different NAEs the same vendor device was installed, and the IDs were the same, and when you controlled on device, sometimes the other responded, even on a diff NAE! I dont know how critical this is at the field point level, but that is one of the reasons that this software is used.

I know that Bacnet ID's need to be unique. I just want to be able to control it. Apparently JCI just tries to make stuff for the lowest common denominator. I shouldn't be surprised they did have HVACpro all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by justjohnson View Post
    I know that Bacnet ID's need to be unique. I just want to be able to control it. Apparently JCI just tries to make stuff for the lowest common denominator. I shouldn't be surprised they did have HVACpro all these years.
    Are you talking about the FEC BACnet ID (you can change in CCT) or the BACnet instance numbers of the actual FEC points?