+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freezing up problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I'm having problem on a Bev-Air reach-in under the counter beer cooler. Installed a new thermostat that Techs at Bev-Air said it took. But the number one setting is allready at 32° Is this a refrigerant problems or did they send me the wrong cold control. Thermostat cap gets inserted in a well.

Post Likes
    If your unit is low on gas or the condenser real dirty, the coil can freeze as the part of the coil the stat is in doesn't get cold and the thing keeps running freezing up the rest of the coil. The stat probably has a constant cut in, above freezing.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Hi Dice
    I installed this cold control about 3 mo. ago and he just call today and said his beer is freezing up. I don't know if the evaporator is freezing or not, but I had trouble setting the control when I install the new one. I didn't throw my gauges on because I hate working in a smoked filled bar full of drunks. Had bad experiance cigarett landed in my butt crack about 10 years ago. I don't like bar room work.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Danal
    Hi Dice
    I installed this cold control about 3 mo. ago and he just call today and said his beer is freezing up. I don't know if the evaporator is freezing or not, but I had trouble setting the control when I install the new one. I didn't throw my gauges on because I hate working in a smoked filled bar full of drunks. Had bad experiance cigarett landed in my butt crack about 10 years ago. I don't like bar room work.
    Sorry, but I laughed my a*s off when I read about the cigarette!!!

You might also want to take a look at the amount of product and placement in the box (interferes with air flow) and make sure the doors are closing tightly. This can also cause the product nearest to the evaporator to freeze. And tell him if he didn't sell that watered down lite crap, it wouldn't freeze as fast. Depending on his clientele, he might be selling them the weak stuff to keep them sober enough that they don't flip cigarettes at the repairman's crack.

Post Likes
    Put on your asbestos coveralls and go back and check that POS out. I hate bars full of drunks too, unless I happen to be one of them.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    make sure that the tstat bulb is in the right place and pushed in far enough. if it is then replace with ranco A12701

Post Likes
    If you installed a new stat 3 months ago and the problem just occurred it could be that the control has been monkeyed with and been turned lower or as Dice says just a dirty condenser. Sure makes ya wonder? Whats tougher to fix a supermarket rack or an under counter reachin with your exposed butt crack! Give me the rack anyday as I dont have to listen to what the "stool" pigeons say. Asbestos not required.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Post Likes

Talking Have you seen my revolting policy?

I hate working in a smoked filled bar full of drunks. Had bad experiance cigarett landed in my butt crack about 10 years ago. I don't like bar room work.
    Ragheads are cheap, and have a tendency to not pay after receiving service. Fact.

I am not politically correct, in fact, I'm often just plain not correct. Fact.

I don't care what others think about my attitude. I am discriminatory. I know and accept that. Big fact.

Here's a little list of businesses that I never conduct business with:
    • Asian groceries.
    • Asian restaurants.
    • Middle Eastern groceries.(Raghead, dothead...)
    • Middle Eastern restaurants.
    • Mediterranean restaurants.
    • Restaurants, of any variety.
    • Establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
    • Establishments involved in gambling, legal or otherwise.
    • Any establishment that sells gasoline, in conjunction with any of the above listed items.
      • Above list subject to be added to in the future. No deletions will be made.

That's the way it is, I don't need to explain my reasons, but let me state here that my biggest tax problem for the last few years was having no uncollected debt to write off. I like it that way.

I got scolded just yesterday!

Post Likes
    BTW,

Sounds like they sent you the wrong stat.

Post Likes

Re: Have you seen my revolting policy?

Originally posted by condenseddave
    I hate working in a smoked filled bar full of drunks. Had bad experiance cigarett landed in my butt crack about 10 years ago. I don't like bar room work.
    Ragheads are cheap, and have a tendency to not pay after receiving service. Fact.

I am not politically correct, in fact, I'm often just plain not correct. Fact.

I don't care what others think about my attitude. I am discriminatory. I know and accept that. Big fact.

Here's a little list of businesses that I never conduct business with:
    • Asian groceries.
    • Asian restaurants.

How about a strip club with full of nude girls, DAVE.
    • Middle Eastern groceries.(Raghead, dothead...)
    • Middle Eastern restaurants.
    • Mediterranean restaurants.
    • Restaurants, of any variety.
    • Establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
    • Establishments involved in gambling, legal or otherwise.
    • Any establishment that sells gasoline, in conjunction with any of the above listed items.
      • Above list subject to be added to in the future. No deletions will be made.

That's the way it is, I don't need to explain my reasons, but let me state here that my biggest tax problem for the last few years was having no uncollected debt to write off. I like it that way.

I got scolded just yesterday!
    koolrite837

Post Likes

Frown

Man, I had to deal with 90 percent of DAVE unwanted jobs everyday.

It !s really suck .
    koolrite837

Post Likes
    BV, Better you than me.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in