+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to Command points in the continuim thru niagara

Post Likes

Confused Unable to Command points in the continuim thru niagara

Hello all,
    I am trying to be able to change setpoints in a Andover continuim system thru an JACE
    but the actions view is greyed out I have no problems for the honeywell JACE and the JCI JACE but the andover is going thru rs-232 interface and it will not let me change setpoints
    any suggestions??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynawiderider View Post
    Hello all,
    I am trying to be able to change setpoints in a Andover continuim system thru an JACE
    but the actions view is greyed out I have no problems for the honeywell JACE and the JCI JACE but the andover is going thru rs-232 interface and it will not let me change setpoints
    any suggestions??
    Are the Jace points "numeric writable" or are they "numeric point"....

I would bet since the field is greyed out..when you discoved them you did not change them to writable.. Blow one out and rediscover, then use the drop down box to select numeric writable...then add it again.

Post Likes
    Thank you Freddy-b
    That turned the trick. Do you know why this one is this way and not the others? I did not have to do this when I discovered any of the other systems points.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynawiderider View Post
    Thank you Freddy-b
    That turned the trick. Do you know why this one is this way and not the others? I did not have to do this when I discovered any of the other systems points.
    Bacnet is not that smart.

Post Likes
    freddy,

Could you please explain how this is a BACnet issue. If the change had to be made in the JACE and nothing changed on the Continuum side would it not be a Tridium issue? Maybe the Niagara is not that smart?

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    What type of interface are you using to communicate between the JACE and Andover Continuum system? Were you using AX serial driver or BCX router? I have a similar job and was looking to see what options were out there in AX

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    freddy,

Could you please explain how this is a BACnet issue. If the change had to be made in the JACE and nothing changed on the Continuum side would it not be a Tridium issue? Maybe the Niagara is not that smart?

kontrol out
    Might have something to do with no standard....So this AV point might or might not be setup to be writable......so I guess instead of flipping a coin or consulting a medium...they decided to go with the safer of the two.

Post Likes
    I am using a AX Serial connection. Works but is VERY slow to update and for that matter slow to do anything! If you have other alternatives try them if the speed is OK. But if you can live with the speed issue then this is fine

Post Likes
    Are you using the Niagara COM1 port to the Continuum COMM1 port (DB9 to RJ45)?
    If so, do you (or anyone) have the pin-outs to wire this?

Thanks,

Mark

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in