Trane Plug Ins in Lon Maker

Boy, this is my week for having issues. I guess I picked a bad week to stop huffing freon.

I am having issues with launching Trane plug ins from a laptop running Lon Maker Ver. 3.22.12 sp2, LNS 3.26.012 sp6, Open LDV ver. 3.40.016.
    However I have no problem launching the plug ins from a Workstation running LM 3.20.50, LNS 3.26.012, Open LDV 3.20.122

The only other difference is that the Laptop has Rover Ver.7.1 sp5 installed as well.

I am accessing the network over an iLon100 as RNI with both.

Is it possible that the LM 3.22 sp2 is the issue, or maybe the Open LDV 3.4 or the Rover? Instinctively I want to blame ROVER!

BTW...no bcu, just stand alone.

Any Trane gurus have any insight?

Thanks

So this was either:

(a. a stupid question
    (b. I did not provide enough info
    (c. No one else has problems with Trane/LNS
    (d. Everyone has trouble with Trane/LNS, ie see (a.

I was just hoping that someone else has encountered this as well.

You have multiple version, with different installs on different computers. I think it would be hard to pinpoint what is going on. Only recommendation would be to either uninstall programs and reinstall one at a time and see when it stops working.

Possible that each program uses a common driver, and depending on order of install maybe one overwrote a version that one specifically needs. You could try reinstalling the first 3 programs and leave rover alone.

I have had a problem with using NLUtil and Rover, in that once i go and use NLUtil i cant get rover to see my lon stick anymore. I will have to logoff and logon again, seems like once NLutil uses the usb stick rover is unable to access it.

Also do you have the ability to get directly on the link and not use the ilon just to test it? That would rule out the RNI connection.

I have only connected the laptop directly but have connected both over RNI and same issues both ways, so I have to say its not RNI problem. I have thought about uninstalling the LM from the laptop and reverting to 3.20.50 but that involves some major grief. I suppose I could upgrade the workstation and see if that crashes the plug ins.?!

Windows 7 will fix all of this.

I have run the Trane plugins for the last two years through a series of LM upgrades and never had an issue. It may be the Rover somehow changed the plugins for its own use.

I am assuming that you have downloaded the LNS plugins from Trane's site and not using the plugins that come with Rover.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Update...

well, I think I have narrowed it down to Rover SP5.

1.) I uninstalled Rover checked plug ins..still crashed.
    2.) Uninstalled Trane Plugins 1.04 and reinstalled Trane 1.01 Plugins work now.
    3.) Install Trane Plugins 1.04 Plug ins still work.
    4.) Reinstall Rover 7.1, plug ins still work.
    5.) Upgrade to Rover sp5, plug ins crash as before.

I am going to uninstall Rover and revert back to original then to SP2 first and start over.
    SP3 notes changes to plug ins so maybe SP2 will work.

I will post later with results if anyone is interested.
    Would like to know if anyone else has had this problem or maybe just just unique to my set up.