Post Likes

Software Suggestions (Manual J and Others)

Hi Everyone! We are looking for suggestions on inexpensive (if possible) heat load calculation (Manual J) software. I've done some research but there are so many out there that I don't know which ones are the best and most recommended.

Also, we currently use Quickbooks for our accounting software but are looking for something that combines accounting software and appointment software if at all possible. Has anyone found anything like this? Right now we are just using Google calendar for appointments because we are a small outfit but we would like something that we can combine with Quickbooks or another accounting software if possible so we can pull up customer info (invoices, addresses, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Post Likes
    Best and inexpensive is had to find. I like Wrightsoft but it's not cheap, it's also accepted by most municipalities that require load calculations to pull a permit.

Post Likes
    I'm not positive but I think Command Posts 3000 combines accounting software with appointment software.

Post Likes
    What about the ACCA speed sheets? They are free and if you understand manual J, not horribly slow.

I use Wrightsoft for residential calculations now, but got by with the speed sheets for a number of years. I sometime still go back to it for a quick, simple calc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daggeroth View Post
    I'm not positive but I think Command Posts 3000 combines accounting software with appointment software.
    Either Elite or Wrighsoft without Draw is all you need you can get either for $500.00 and add modules as you go if you want...Its a small price to pay for doing things right

Post Likes
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! Even if we have to spend $500 or $1000 for either the Manual J or the accounting and appointment software, it would be well worth it.