Thread: Tracer Summit

Tracer Summit

We are running version 15 and recently the PC crashed. Installed Summit on the new PC, loaded graphics, etc and at this time updated our 3 BCU's from arcnet to ethernet.

The problem I am having is with scheduling. I have about 15 schedules setup and they all will answer to a normal event. My issue is only 3 or 4 of the 15 will answer to an exception event and for our building we use exceptions almost everyday.

I have checked every setting I can think of to check and cannot see what I am missing. We have used Summit for the last 10 years and cannot see anything different in the software or settings.

I talked to my local Trane tech today and he has no ideas. I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before I call him out to look at it.

Thanks for your time.

Exceptions take up a lot of memory on a BCU, if you say you use an exception almost every day then try going in and removing all old exceptions from every schedule. See if it responds after that.

scrooloose thanks for the reply. I had that problem years ago but not now. There are only a couple of weeks worth of exceptions stored from the 3 or 4 schedules that will respond to exceptions. All others are deleted.

Well along the same lines I would go into the "Objects and Properties" and go to Device and pull the diagnostics from the BCU's and see how much memory you have remaining on the BCU's. If the numbers are a percentage left of VM and NVM. If these are less than 10% you can expect issues since the unit is running out of memory.

Also you can take a look at the Idle timer. If that number is low it means that the processor on the BCU is being over-taxed. This can be from large CPL routines and or large amounts of Trend Data being compiled.

If those don't give you any joy then I would try to delete the schedules and re-create them.

Let me know what happens.

Summit

Need to make real sure tyhe schedules are in the BCU the object lives in. ARCnet was very stable, but ethernet crashes frequently.
    I had a similar instance after doing the same thing. Had to delete schedules and make sure they were in the BCU the scheduled devices lived in.

Dr BLov and Webbyz thanks for the replies. I'll check out your suggestions and let you know what happens.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Service Pack 1 solved the problem.