Jace2 net adapters

Has anyone had problem with using the second net adapter for there primary
    connection I have a few out there that I left the default ip info on net1 and put my connection info on net2.I am having problems with comm to the suppervisor going in and out.I tried to change the net1 ip settings to the address that I need and disabling net2 but i can not connect and after the
    jace reboots the net2 connection is enable again.
    Thanks for sugestions

If I remember correctly the second IP port was to be used for BACnet IP/Ethernet and possibly Modbus TCP. This port was not designed to be the primary ethernet access to the JACE.

Things may be different now as this was information from around 3.5 years ago.

I would second that!
    gnomethang

I have had similar problems. My workaround was to change the secondary IP address to something very different than the Primary IP.

In other words, Primary IP 192.168.1.xxx, secondary IP 192.168.1.xxy doesn't work.

Primary IP 192.168.1.xxx, Secondary IP 64.248.1.xxx works.
    There's a lot to know.

I have used the secondary IP connection as the main access to the Jace.
    There's a lot to know.

Smile

Thanks Everyone
    Found the problem 1when you use the net2 addapter it is only 10 mbps net1 is 100 mbps the jaces were on a a switch that did not ajust to the speed it was on 100 mbps.2 for some reason the only way i could get the net2 disabled was to do it thru serial shell.I now have my ip in net1 and net2 disabled and its working fine.Thanks for the help