Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the pilot shuts off when the main gas valve does. then after some time it does energize the pilot solenoid and then sparks soon after the main burner lites up. i am getting 15.7 vdc at my fire eye at all times. the problem i see is when the interface cycles the main valve off maybe i need the mp101 for a dg burner? it does relite ok. this is a hard one to grasp. too many guys working on this thing over the years and who knows if all the parts are what is supose to be in there. the spark ignitor and sensor are new.

Quote Originally Posted by -frozen-ocean- View Post
    the pilot shuts off when the main gas valve does. then after some time it does energize the pilot solenoid and then sparks soon after the main burner lites up. i am getting 15.7 vdc at my fire eye at all times. the problem i see is when the interface cycles the main valve off maybe i need the mp101 for a dg burner? it does relite ok. this is a hard one to grasp. too many guys working on this thing over the years and who knows if all the parts are what is supose to be in there. the spark ignitor and sensor are new.
    The MP101 is for standing pilots, I would call and double check that part number. The difference is the MP101 ignores flame signal when in "off" cycle(no 120v to terminal 7). If you have a intermittent pilot, like you describe, how would that solve your problem? Unless the pilot is not fully closing and keeping the pilot lit, which is a problem that should be fixed.

So when is it locking out? When the burner shuts down?

i did talk to the guy. he said to use the mp101. reason being those older dg gordan praiit burners after shut down might have a residule amount of gas left over to cause that sensor to sense and lock out the fireye. he said they have fixed this problem on these type of burners by installing the mp101 modules. sounds hoaky i know but it must work.

Quote Originally Posted by -frozen-ocean- View Post
    i did talk to the guy. he said to use the mp101. reason being those older dg gordan praiit burners after shut down might have a residule amount of gas left over to cause that sensor to sense and lock out the fireye. he said they have fixed this problem on these type of burners by installing the mp101 modules. sounds hoaky i know but it must work.
    If the manufacture approves it, then roll with it. I don't agree with it and it seems really unsafe.

So you don't have a fast closing valve on the gas train? Also heat doesn't cause flame rectification.

That's why I hate flame rectification. I much prefer a uv scanner.

I agree uv would be nicer. infact a new control system would also be up there.
    thanks ascj and nyrb for your insight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12