Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Which furnaces and A/C are made in the USA

I prefer to keep the jobs here and buy from companies who manufacture here.

Just found out today the Luxaire/Coleman brands are completely made in USA.

Technically, none are 100% US content. Most of the main brands are for the most part manufactured and assembled in the US. Even Buderus is assembled here. Most of the mini splits are from across the big pond.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Lots of stuff is made here. But not much of the insides. Honeywell & White-Rodgers stuff are almost all Mexican. Might find some boards made by UTEC (Carrier) that are US but not the rest. All the switches, motors, etc are all 3rd world countries. Haven't seen a US made motor in some time. York has a big factory south of the border, not sure what all is made there. So does Carrier, Rheem, Trane & Lennox. Get used to it, our factory workers want $15-20 an hour. Mexicans want a fraction of that. But our factory workers (and all consumers) don't want to pay for an American made product.

Ingersoll Rand's new builder A/C will have a Chinese coil and in many sizes a Mexican compressor. But they aren't an American company anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul12644 View Post
    I prefer to keep the jobs here and buy from companies who manufacture here.
    I'm sure Robo will be along shortly.

My firsthand account of Goodman, being that I have toured the factory and I always ask a ton of questions, is that everything is 100% American made.....except the name badges..lol.

I'm probably wrong but that is what I was told by the dude giving the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post

My firsthand account of Goodman, being that I have toured the factory and I always ask a ton of questions, is that everything is 100% American made.....except the name badges..lol.

I think thats 100% made by American owned companies. No matter what country the factory is in.

Kinda the same for all of them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    I'm sure Robo will be along shortly.

hmmm!

Hey that Goodman tour is really cool. I liked the end best when the guys are slamming the condenser coils down on the tables. I always wondered why they leak so much....

As soon as the Chinese figure out how to build them and ship them here cheap its game over for US manufacturing.

Being a Goodman/Amana dealer and having toured the factory as well, I can state they most positively have chinese (they call them "broad ocean") fan motors, Chinese reversing valves and service valves. Also they have chinese capacitors and even the contactor is Chinese. The raw massive rolls of 3/8 copper were ...not to my suprise Chinese . Ive never seen such thin copper. The pressure controls, Copeland compressor, and drier are Emerson (And Mexican as I understand). Most of the workers at the plants are Asian and Latin as well. The only Americans there run the place. I hope at least that the raw steel the cabinets are stamped out of come from America, but who knows. So my conclusion is this. Goodman units are assembled in the USA with Asian and Latin Parts by Asian and Latin people. But if anyone asks, Its in huge letters on condensor boxes....... MADE IN USA.

Florida heat pump is right here in florida thats made in usa with parts from who knows.

None
    Always here

I know as a matter of fact that the stuff made in China for US market is totally different from those consumed locally, quality, material and worksmanship are all so much better.

Since when "made in USA" was no longer the symbol for quality and durability? Look at the auto industry, feel sorry for the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by amasuperbike View Post
    Being a Goodman/Amana dealer and having toured the factory as well, I can state they most positively have chinese (they call them "broad ocean") fan motors, Chinese reversing valves and service valves. Also they have chinese capacitors and even the contactor is Chinese. The raw massive rolls of 3/8 copper were ...not to my suprise Chinese . Ive never seen such thin copper. The pressure controls, Copeland compressor, and drier are Emerson (And Mexican as I understand). Most of the workers at the plants are Asian and Latin as well. The only Americans there run the place. I hope at least that the raw steel the cabinets are stamped out of come from America, but who knows. So my conclusion is this. Goodman units are assembled in the USA with Asian and Latin Parts by Asian and Latin people. But if anyone asks, Its in huge letters on condensor boxes....... MADE IN USA.

You can probably find a unit with most if not all the internals "Made in America". But this does include the North and South American continents...

Personally I buy whatever is reliable, and those things rarely are Made in the USA...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast