+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuffed Mushrooms

Post Likes

Stuffed Mushrooms

I never would have thought cream cheese, but I tried this and now it's the only way I do my mushrooms.

12 to 20 stuffing size mushrooms(depending on size)
    1 8oz pack cream cheese
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp cayenne powder
    1 clove garlic
    1 tbsp olive oil or butter

Dice the stems up and reduce in pan & olive oil. Lower heat & add smashed clove of garlic & simmer a minute or 2 to let garlic flavor the stems. Take out and let cool down to room temp or colder. Let cream cheese get to room temp.
    Add all ingredients together and stuff mushooms. You can pile it high on the shrooms if you have to 'cause durring baking the mixture stays put & dosn't drip. Bake at 350f for about 20 minutes on shallow baking pan, but keep an eye on them-you want them out just about when you see a bit of moisture comming out the bottom of the shroom.
    Serve them up with a perfectly broiled steak.

Post Likes
    I was in New Hampshire last year and found myself in a upscale grocery store with my son-in-law. I was drooling over some crab stuffed portabellas. He treated us and that is also a very good use for shrooms.
    I didn't know but was told portabellas are just the store mushrooms seen all the time, grown up.
    I'll give your recipe a shot.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I was in New Hampshire last year and found myself in a upscale grocery store with my son-in-law. I was drooling over some crab stuffed portabellas. He treated us and that is also a very good use for shrooms.
    I didn't know but was told portabellas are just the store mushrooms seen all the time, grown up.
    I'll give your recipe a shot.
    Let me know whether you liked them or not. Tonight I'm incorporating the recipe with a beef stromboli. I have no idea what it's gonna turn out like.

Post Likes
    Sounds good . try this one , cut the shrums like bowls add shredded chedder cheese and bacon bits , replace the caps then batter and deep fry . Good easy eats

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in