Thread: Lennox Bypass

Had a new well drilled and water softner added. Suggested using water upstream of softner for humidifier. Makes me wonder how the water heater is doing. Sent them a pic to get advice from softner installer. .
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

That just made me thirsty for a fresh glass of city water.

Incredible! Are you sure that's not your dryer vent tied in there?
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I get mixed up. Are those stalactites or stalagmites or dust mites?

I love drinking water my spoon can stand up in. I had to fix an ice machine on well water a while back. The worst thing was the way the pressure was all over the place. This machine has a timer for letting in water and sometimes there was no pressure durring that time and it messed it all up. I won't even mention what the machine looked like inside.

bypass

If anybody knows what the fix is I'd appreciate it. Besides taking the softner out or using water upstream of it.

I see a lot of problems with softeners and humidifiers. Once dumped about 5 pounds of salt out of an Aprilaire 110.

Any appliance served by the water softener is going to end up like this if it's running when the softener is in the regeneration cycle. This is why people set the regeneration cycle time to, lets say 3 am, so that nobody will be using water at that time. Unfortunately, the humdifier doesn't know what time it is and will run during the regeneration cycle sometimes.

The higher the water softener's injection rate is set, the worse it gets. In your case, the amount of salt required is very high because of the amount of hardness needing to be removed.

The best solution would be a water filter for the humidifier, but it looks like it may need a good sized one depending on how long it took the humidifier to get in that condition.

If the ho is having problems with the humidifier, he's undoubtedly having problems with the refrigerator icemaker if he has one, because it doesn't know what time it is either. May be a good idea to have the water filter serving both of these appliances.

[Edited by midhvac on 03-01-2004 at 10:20 AM]

Midhvac

Thanks, I'll check on the ice maker and give them their options for humidi.