York Talk help

Thread: York Talk help

York Talk help

Hi,
    I am trying to get to Know The York talk interface on the York chillers at the site where I work, I am connecting Via an ISN, and can log in ect,

Has anyone got a simple user manual, key commands ect to speed up my progress

Many Thanks

Shovell

Wink

This may seem like a stupid question but there are 4 generations out there first there is a Chiller link which is a APC modified card York Talk 1 , second there is XL-Translator APC interface to microgateways which would be third party selection Lon , Bacnet , ASCII , N2 , DataBridge York Talk 2. , third there is just the microgategay to microgateway configuration York Talk 3. Here is the kicker York talk 1 can pretty must talk to any older Chillers slower baud rates due to microboards , York Talk 2 can talk to air side or water side Chillers next level baud rates due to microboards , York Talk 3 is strictly optiview panels only most current baud rates or higher due to microboards , unless your very comfortable with this I would not recommend it , and then there is the E-Link which is a whole nother animal I don't even want to get into that one. So what are you talkin to style Chiller , microboard # , etc.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

We are running two 3 system chillers (YCAS) on 1095 Micro Board, and One (YCIV) 2 system Chiller on E-Link, the latter not on the ISN (EDC 36)

I am trying to pull data and configure the ISN via, Putty, and have been relatively successful, but need some pointers in short cuts / key strokes to edit the ISN data. The chillers are not currently under control of the ISN, we are controlling with Local water temp. set point.

we are looking to move to a central all inclusive control system, so we are trying to "Revive" the ISN, possible put the YCIV through it as well, then look our control logic to improve efficiency.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated

Shovell

What protcol are you using to talk to those Chillers , both of those Chillers would be talkin in York talk 2 that is the YCAS & YCIV.
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

So if your running in local then must be just pulling data from the Chillers only ?
    mud.

That's right, were not using the ISN to perform control of the Chillers, we are running in local.

But we need to move to a better, more efficient control scheme, That why we are trying to revive the ISN, and York talk. We have not used the ISN to control the chillers for quite some time and it has lost some set up parameters and set points, that were we need help in setting up , editing changing set points to revive the ISN.

It's seems we do not have a simple instruction book, I need to understand the editing, saving functions

Do you have access to a user manual.

Here is the key pad info. Section that you want is Feature 54 Section 1 Page 1 then you can scroll thru each sections and pages easier said than done , I am looking for the best way to help you. Each section should be set up to Chiller its looking at baud rate , node , parity , york talk ver. by pressing enter key it will allow you to change press again it will save or accept new change. As I said easier said than done if not familier with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mud.

Thanks for the User manual, this has given some valuable information.

When these ISN's are installed do the engineers have a standard load set, a standard config to start commissioning with? or do they start from scratch. We are using Putty to config the ISN.

If they use a start config do you know where I can get one from for my installation:

2 x YCAS0783 - 3 systems each
    1 x VCIV800 - 2 systems

All chillers on Common flow and return headers

Two motorised control valves

Two CW Pumps working N+1 on a rotation

Again Many thanks for all your Help

When they want to use the microgateway to control systems all code would have been designed for that application that system would have a full blown program sequence , or third party would write chiller program sequence as per there protcol ASCII , BACNET , N2 , MODBUS , LON , DATABRIDGE , etc. what is putty
    mud.