Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Need the control board

If anyone has a Carrier Comfort Zone 4 zone controller board, let me know about it and the price. I'm too cheap / poor to replace my whole system but Zone 1 remains open all the time regardless of the temps. I actually have two dampers for Zone 1, one on each side of the air handler and both are always open and have continuity between Com and CL and OP so I'm guessing there's a controller fault. Email Address Removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 01-15-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed, it belongs in your profile.

Too many dampers on one Zone ?

Quote Originally Posted by dat919 View Post
    If anyone has a Carrier Comfort Zone 4 zone controller board, let me know about it and the price. I'm too cheap / poor to replace my whole system but Zone 1 remains open all the time regardless of the temps. I actually have two dampers for Zone 1, one on each side of the air handler and both are always open and have continuity between Com and CL and OP so I'm guessing there's a controller fault. Email Address Removed

If you get to a point you don't find a controller board, you might call around and see who in your area repairs industrial controller boards. On the chance maybe an output transister or relay is bad, a good tech can check those basic non proprietary items and likely replace the component if that is what the problem is.

I'm concerned about your mention of having two damper actuators on Zone1. Not sure if the board was designed to handle the doubled load (current or amperage) of both actuators operating at the same through the same output device. The board can handle multiple dampers at the same time but that is with one damper per zone and a device driver per zone.

If you find a replacement zone controller board, I'd suggest you have Zone1 output of the replacement board drive ONLY one of the two Zone1 dampers as well as a potter-brumfield relay and have that relay drive the second of the two dampers so the controller board's Zone1 output only sees one damper's worth of current.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 01-15-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Good thought - thanks

Thanks for that idea - I had the system "professionally" installed and they put two dampers on one circuit. That may be what caused the problem. When I get another board or mine repaired, I will use a relay for the second damper. Thanks much!!!

I have a used working controller board / case for sale.

On the bottom left side of the board is the board number. It's written in what almost looks like a solder run - that's the color / apperance of the printing of the number. Please let me know what that number is. Also the age of it and number of zones. Thanks

I have 2 used working controller boards / cases for sale.
    BTY a relay won't work. The dampers are 3 wire modulated not fully opened or closed. I believe you can operate 2 dampers in parallel. Best way to tell if they are working correctly to to look at the them. From page 4 of the install guide (http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...920415-3si.pdf) "In the fully open position the crank arm connection on the motors threaded shaft will be closet to the motor. Fully closed it will be furthest away." See page 17 to enter the "Damper Service Mode" this will allow you to open and close all your dampers from the thermostat.

This is a 4 zone controller manufactured in 1992. The numbers I see on the board 020280 0n a paper sticker next to it is 304CAQ1090

Thanks - mine is an 020277. I bought an 020280 and found it is different and unusable so I guess what you have won't work for me. Mine was installed in 1991, probably made in 1990. If you run across one with that number on it, please let me know. Thanks!

I have another board to check will let you know.

How much? Still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Alans1 View Post
    This is a 4 zone controller manufactured in 1992. The numbers I see on the board 020280 0n a paper sticker next to it is 304CAQ1090
    Alans1.

Do you still have the 4 zone controller board 020280? How much do you want for it?

El Nino

Does $75 with case + $5 for shipping work. I have 2 working controllers. Paypal please.

Price is right

Quote Originally Posted by Alans1 View Post
    Does $75 with case + $5 for shipping work. I have 2 working controllers. Paypal please.
    Alans1, the price is fair and I can get a paypal account, do you have a photo of the board so I can verify the connections? The dimensions of the case would be helpful too.

The paper sticker on mine says 308baq0034 but I believe that would be a serial # and the wave solder number 020280 the actual board type.

El Nino you can also communicate direct to me at Email Address Removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 01-15-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed, belongs in your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by tglassanos View Post
    Hi - I may have a good home for the main thermostat and remote room sensors. Are these available and can I connect to get a price?

Glad to help keep the garage clean.

Tom

WHAT DO YOU HAVE LEFT?????

CHRIS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast