Thread: Been a while...

Post Likes

Been a while...

I have a Hoshi KM-450 ice machine to clean in the morning and it's been a while since I have messed with an ice machine. I would like to do a production test before and after the cleaning so I can show the owner just how much it is producing. This machine is old and looks worn out, a production test should tell the story correct?

Thanks for the help with the calc.

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Post Likes
    production is affected mostly the incoming water temperature and certainly by how clean the evaporator is, But I'm not sure I would offer to prove the value of cleanign it by a production test, it may not add up to much. However the evaporator, water sump and piping as well as the bin can all be covered in bacteria. You can find some nasty red slimy stuff in the bottom of some ice machines. That is really all the reason you need to clean it regularly and that is what I would tell the owner.

BTW I replaced an older hoshi that someone ran hot water over the evaporator, on the back of the plate the refrigerant tubing is epoxied on when they heated it and broke the seal and there was an air gap and it just would not make ice worth a damn. Just a heads up.

Post Likes
    1:time a complete cycle from the beginning of one freeze cycle to the beginning of the next.

2: catch all of the ice produced from freeze cycle and weigh it.

3: divide minutes in a day (1440) by cycle time to get cycles per day.

4: multiply cycles per day x lbs per cycle to get 24 hour production.

or just sell him a new machine, km-450 is pretty old......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in